Alec Martinez ~ LA Kings

"Hon, wake up..." Alec gently shook my arms, trying to get me to wake up.

I rolled over to where he was and the first thing I felt was his muscular arms wrapped around my waist.

"What is it, Jazz hands?" I mumbled, opening my eyes to find his brown ones staring at mine. 

"You forgot what today was, didn't you?" He smirked. "The best day of the whole calendar year?"

"My birthday? Yours? I don't even know!" I groaned, sitting up and stretching my arms. "Oh..."

"Now you remember it's Christmas, Y/N?" Alec also sat up, giving me a good morning kiss.

"And our first one as husband and wife too!" I winked and pulled away before it got too heated. 

He groaned as I walked into the bathroom to get ready for the busy day that was ahead of us. Walking back into the bedroom, I slipped on my Kings slippers since the floor was too cold to walk on and decided to check where Alec was. I checked the walk-in closets and bed before giving up. Walking up to the door, my hand was right about to turn the knob before I heard a 'Boo!' behind me. 

I shrieked and heard a familiar laughter. Turning around, I found Alec standing there in one of his Dodgers shirt and a pair of shorts just laughing away while I shot him a death glare. As soon as he saw my face, his laughter deteriorated before he stood there silently. 

"Why did you do that?" My breathing calmed down after that mini heart-attack from his prank. 

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" He frowned, checking for any injuries. 

I giggled, putting my arms around his neck and gave him a sweet kiss to shut him up but broke away quickly to run out of the room before he could've caught me. 

I ran downstairs to sit down on the couch before Alec came behind me and carried me in his arms. 

"Alec Martinez, put me down!" I laughed, pounding my fists on his back. 

"And why shall I put you down on the floor, ma'am?" He sarcastically replied back, cracking in his famous smile. 

"Because we got Christmas gifts to open?" 

"I guess we could open those..."

He put me down on the floor and we walked hand-in-hand to where the Christmas tree stood, sitting down on the floor and eyeing whose gifts were whose. 

"I'll start with the gift giving." Alec chimed in, grabbing a medium-sized box that was wrapped with gingerbread men skiing on candy canes. 

I grabbed the box from him, tearing up the paper like I did when I was a little kid and opened it up. Inside was a scrapbook with a picture of us from our first date 2 years ago at the Winter Wonderland. I flipped through the pages that were contained of selfies from random dates, vacations, the time the Kings won the Cup, etc. 

I looked up at Alec with happy tears brimming in my eyes and gave him a passionate kiss. We both smiled into it before pulling away to continue the gift-swap. 

Besides the scrapbook, he also got me a beautiful Alex and Ani bracelet, gift cards, 2 tickets to Venice, and a new MacBook. I gave him at least 3 bottles of his favorite cologne, a 'manly' good luck bracelet for the games, 2 tickets to the LA Dodgers-Detroit Tigers game, but I had one more gift to give him. 

"Here's your last gift!" I squealed, handing Alec the last gift, having the biggest smile on my face. 

He opened the box to find a baby-sized Martinez jersey and a pair of baby hockey skates. 

"Are you serious?" He smiled, looking at the jersey. 

"Indeed we are, Mr. Martinez." 

"You are going to be the best mom in the entire world."

"I know you're going to be the world's greatest father."

"I love you, Y/N Martinez."

"And I love you, Alec Martinez."