Auston Matthews ~ 2016 Draft

Meeting at a charity gala... (881 words)

(NHLObsessed)

---

"Nicholas, it's so good to see you again..." I blushed at my older brother as I ran into him while I getting back to my seat at my table. 

He chuckled at me in a deep tone and spoke in his heavy British accent, "it's good to see you too, Y/N

He chuckled at me in a deep tone and spoke in his heavy British accent, "it's good to see you too, Y/N. I heard that you are going to college in Toronto to hone your skills as an actress?" 

I nodded my head and smiled at him, "I am! And I heard that you are cast in a biopic film!"

"That is true. Wow, this place is packed tonight! What table are you seated at?" 

"Uhh..." I looked down at my ticket before I looked back up at him. "I'm seated at table 5."

"That's ironic because I'm also seated at the same table as you!" He shook his head in amusement. "You want to go sit down for a while before we have to go up on stage to emcee the auction?" 

Nodding my head, I followed Nicholas to the table and I saw a few other people seated at our table also. 

"Uh, excuse me?" My British accent was evident when I spoke to the man in front of me. He turned around to face me and man, was he so handsome. 

"Oh, you must be Y/N!" He smiled at me and outstretched his hand out at me for to shake. I returned the handshake to him and smiled back at him. "I'm Auston Matthews. I'm supposed to co-emcee the charity auction with you and Nicholas?" 

I nodded my head and Auston smiled at me, "well, since it starts in about 2 minutes, do you guys want to head up to the stage right now?"

"Yeah, that sounds fine with us, Auston." Immediately after those words came out of my mouth, Auston politely excused himself from the conversation and stood up to follow us. 

---

"Man! That was very stressful!" I panted as I took a sip of water from the water bottle they had provided us with. 

"This wasn't as bad as I thought. It was nice to take a break from my usual job for the night." Auston shrugged his shoulders at me as he also drank out of his bottle. 

"If you don't mind me asking you this, what is your occupation?" I softly smirked at him as I twisted the cap on the bottle and looked at him. 

"I-uh-I play hockey." He took a nervous breath and looked at me with his brown eyes looking into my E/C ones. "And what about you?"

"I'm an actress, but I'm currently enrolled at University of Toronto for college." I laughed quietly to myself as I found myself suddenly getting into a deep conversation with him. I had told him about Nicholas, who was my older brother, and how I had bumped into him at the event tonight. I had also talked to him about how he and I grew up in England. He talked to me about his life and I had learned that he was entered in this summer's NHL Draft in Buffalo and how he was projected to be in the top three picks, but also how he was nervous and all other fears about the draft. 

I had calmed him down and reassured him that he was going to be fine and told him that he was for sure, going to be drafted first overall by the Maple Leafs. 

"Hey, Y/N?" He quietly mumbled my name and I looked up at him. 

"Yes, Auston?" I looked up at him and I swear, I saw his brown eyes shine in the light. 

"Do you want to head out to the dance floor for a little bit and after that, take a little walk outside?" 

"I'd love that, Auston." 

---

"Locked Away" by R. City ft. Adam Levine had started to play after the last song had come to a finish. We both looked up at each other and smiled. I had wrapped my arms around his neck and my head was resting on his chest, in which I could hear his soothing heartbeat. He had his arms tightly wrapped around my waist and we were just slowly swaying to the rhythm of the song. 

I caught a quick glimpse of Auston and blushed when he caught me. 

"Y/N?" Auston whispered to me and that caused me to look up at him. Without saying a single word, I felt him press his lips on top of mine and kissed each other in a sweet and gentle way. We pulled away after a few minutes, but our foreheads were still touching. "I was wondering if you'd like to go out on a date sometime this week?"

"I'd love that so much, Aust-" I smiled at him and pressed my lips to his cheek before I felt a buzz in my clutch purse. I dug my phone out of there to find a text from Nicholas. 

'You and Auston are my new otp and I ship it 😝' 

I looked at where he was on the dance floor and when I spotted him, I shook my head in amusement at him. But, as a reaction, he just made a heart with his hands and stuck his tongue out at me.