Jesse Puljujärvi ~ Kärpät

First date since having your daughter... (926 words)

---

"Is everything ready to go, Jesse?" I yelled up the stairs to my husband as I was slipping on my winter coat due to the cold temperature outside. 

"And just a side to tape over...There we go, D/N! All nice and cozy aren't we?" I heard Jesse mumble and that lit up a smile on my face. "You're my little girl, yes you are!" 

Looking down at my phone, I realized that we had 10 more minutes before we had to relinquish our dinner reservation. When I looked up from my phone a minute later, I saw Jesse walk down the stairs with D/N in his arms and the smile grew bigger and bigger until it actually hurt to smile. 

"And we're here!" Jesse cooed at D/N and that caused me to chuckle. He was always a big softie whenever it came to D/N or I (according to his friend, Mikko Rantanen) but he was usually a tough player out on the ice. The doorbell rang and I walked up to open it, revealing Mikko and Kasperi Kapanen standing outside the door. 

"Hey, you guys!" I smiled as I made way for them to enter the room. Yep, they were D/N's babysitters while Jesse and I were out for a much long-due date night. 

"Hi, Y/N! Hey, Jesse!" Kasperi waved at us as he was taking his winter coat off and he took his shoes off, leaving him with socks on his feet. 

"I'll make sure Kasperi and D/N are all in order..." Mikko smiled sarcastically at Kasperi, who was giving a glare at him. 

"What was that supposed to mean?" Kasperi fake scoffed at Mikko while he gently took D/N from Jesse's arms before he looked at us. "Why don't you guys go ahead? We'll be just fine!" 

Jesse and I nodded our heads before he put on his winter stuff, grabbed the car keys, and we walked out the house. Once we got into the car, as soon as Jesse got in the driver's seat, I looked amused at him. "How long do you think they're going to last with D/N, honey?" 

"Uh, I'd probably bet for at least 30 minutes up to an hour..." Jesse looked at me with his brown eyes that were shining in the moonlight. 

"Ok, we can go now..." 

"Thank you!" 

(Mikko's POV)

---

"You're doing it!" 

"No, you are!"

"You do realize we're fighting about who gets to change D/N's diaper, right?" 

"Don't even remind me..." 

I was holding a wailing D/N in my arms while Kasperi was searching through the changing table, looking for fresh clean diapers. 

"Uhh, Mikko?" 

"Yes, Kasperi?" 

"I-uh-I think we ran out of diapers...." 

My eyes widened as I looked at Kasperi and was sputtering, "you're joking, right? Please tell me you're kidding me?" 

"I'm afraid I'm not messing with you, Mik...They ran out of the diapers..." 

"Oh great! What are we going to do now?" 

"How about you stay here with D/N while I go and get some from the store?"

"Or..." I kneeled down on my knees, "why don't we use these?" 

I pointed towards a new package of diapers that were in bulk and that caused Kasperi to muster out a few strings of colorful language. 

"Watch the language, Kapanen!" I glared at him as I covered D/N's ears and he rolled his eyes at me, "don't you dare roll your eyes at me!" 

"I'm older than you by 3 months, Rantanen!" 

(Back to your POV)

---

"Well, this was certainly a relaxing evening..." I sighed happily as we both walked up the steps to our house. 

"Yeah, even though it was fun, it's time to return to parenting duty!" Jesse playfully nudged my shoulder as he pulled the house keys and jiggled them in the lock before he opened the door to reveal D/N on a high chair with food all over Kasperi and Mikko's faces. 

"Should I even ask?" I pointed out to the mess around the house and Mikko raised his hand. 

"No need, it was all Kasperi's fault..." Mikko pointed at Kasperi while he was trying to feed sweet potato baby food to D/N. 

"Okay, you guys are free to go...Thank you for doing this, once again...." Jesse took his winter coat off and the guys sighed in relief before they hastily got ready and said their goodbyes and walked out the door. 

"Let's get you cleaned up, sweetheart..." I mumbled to myself as I lifted her gently out of the high chair and walked upstairs to the bathroom to get her cleaned up and ready for bed. 

---

"Goodnight, tyttövauva..." Jesse softly kissed D/N's forehead as he set her down in the crib. 

"Goodnight, honey...." I kissed her cheek before we turned the night light on and walked out the room with the door being slightly open in case she woke up in the middle of the night and just for easy access. 

Once we reached our master bedroom, I immediately crashed onto the bed after I changed into my pajamas and I was looking at Jesse as he was slipping his shirt on. He turned around and caught me staring, to which I reacted by blushing. Walking over to the bed as he put his right arm through the hole, he laid down on the bed and immediately spooned me as his arms snaked around my waist. 

"Rakastan sinua niin paljon, Y/N..." (I love you so much, Y/N...) Jesse sleepily mumbled into my ear as I was falling asleep. 

"I love you too, Jesse..."