Jamie Oleksiak ~ DAL

Old friends reuniting at a wedding... (S/N means sister's name) (1010 words)

---

"Y/N, thanks for being here again. Thank you for calming me down with the pre-wedding jitters..." S/N smiled at me as she sat down at the seat across from me. "You truly are a great sister...."

"Alright, S/N," I playfully narrowed my eyes at her, "is that the sugar rush talking or is it the alcohol talking..?"

"What! I'm being genuinely honest with you!" She sputtered out, looking at me with a shocked look on her face. 

"Uh huh, sure..." I took a sip of my drink before she started to speak with me. 

"Hey, you remember Jamie?" She had asked me while taking a sip of her soup (which was her appetizer). Briefly, I stopped eating my appetizer to look up at her like she was a crazy person. 

"Jamie who?" I looked at her like she was a mad person. 

"You seriously don't remember Jamie? He was like your best friend back when we lived in Toronto, Y/N!" She started to speak, which slowly made me jog my memory. "You used to hang out with him, Freddie, and Dougie a LOT. And I mean, A LOT."

"Jamie Oleksiak?" I finally remembered his name and she nodded her head. 

"Finally, you remember him!" She fake eye-rolled at me, continuing to eat her appetizer, "sure took you long enough."

"Oh, shut up!" I huffed at her and scoffed at her. She and I were like best friends, but we also acted like little brats around each other. "Anyways, he's here at the reception! You should admit your feelings for him, Y/N...It's been 10 years and you both are here...Just do it, Y/N."

"You really think so?" I bit my lip at her and she nodded her head at me. "But, is it such a good idea, though, S/N?"

"You're 23 almost 24, Y/N! We aren't teenagers anymore and let's face it, you both like each other...." S/N tried to state a rebuttal against my argument and if it wasn't perfect timing, Jamie walked up to where S/N and I were currently sitting. 

"Hey, S/N! Congrats on your wedding!" Jamie greeted S/N and gave her a friendly hug before asking if he could sit with us. 

"Thank you, Jamie. And of course, you can sit with us! We're practically all family here." She softly laughed and nodded her head. He took a seat next to me and I noticed that S/N was looking at the two of us. 

"Jamie, I assume you remember Y/N?" She spoke up and I turned around to look up at him. Man, was he incredibly tall now! "And Y/N, you remember Jamie, right?"

"Oh my god, it's really you!" I chuckled to myself, outstretching my hand for him to shake. "How are you now?"

"I'm doing great! Just got back from Rio a few days ago, but otherwise, I'm fine. How about you, Y/N/N?" He shook my hand, his gray-blue eyes making eye-contact with my E/C ones. 

"I thought you forgot that nickname, Jam," I groaned at him, pouting like a little kid but shook it off by laughing. "All jokes aside, I'm doing fine myself. What have you been up to for the past 10 years since I've last seen you?"

"Uhh, I'm now playing in the NHL..." Jamie shrugged his shoulders and thanked the server as they served him his appetizer. "I've been in Dallas for a little while now, actually."

"Really?" I asked him in a shocked tone, "I've been living in Dallas for the past few years now!" 

"What an ironic thing...It's like it was fate, ya know?" Jamie chuckled deeply before digging into his food. Looking up at S/N, she was nodding towards Jamie's direction, uttering the words, "tell him..."

Shaking my head, I finished my food before politely excusing myself and dashed outside. 

---

"Y/N?" I heard a familiar voice call out and I turned around to see Jamie standing there. "What happened back there?"

"It-it's nothing...You wouldn't understand." I looked up, admiring the sparkling and illuminating moonlight and the sparkle of the billion stars filling up the clear skies. "It's just a silly little thing anyway..."

"Understand what?" He asked me as he sat down next to me on the step. Turning around to face him, I took a deep breath, I thought I was going to admit it to him. 

"Have you ever had the feeling where you've had this spark inside you," I started off, distracting myself with the stars before looking down at the rocky sidewalk. "Whenever you were with the person that you've really liked for a long amount of time?"

"Oh yeah, all the time when I used to hang out with her back in Toronto..." Jamie nodded his head, gently tucking away a stray hair to the back of my ear. Confused by what he meant, I looked up at him for more elaboration.

"What do you mean?"

"I've had this crush on a girl for the longest time, but I felt like my heart broke when she had to move away...Seeing her tonight, it made me really happy that I had a chance to see her again..."

"Are you talking about my sister? You know she's married now, right?"

"What, no! I wasn't talking about your sister, Y/N..."

"Then who are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about you! Y/N L/N."

When I heard him say my name, I looked up at him with a surprised look on my face. He looked at me with shock on his face. 

"Y-you like me?" I stuttered, heating creeping upon my cheeks. 

He nodded his head, chuckling to himself, as he gently rubbed the pad of his thumb across my cheek.

"It was always you. You're the one I thought about every day and night, Y/N..."

"And you were the one who I had liked the whole time, Jamie..."

"So, would you like to go out with me some time, Y/N L/N?"

"I'd be delighted to, Jamie Oleksiak."

---

Not the best ending, but I just have to go with it...Hope you guys enjoyed this imagine! Have a GREAT rest of your day or night and I'll see you on Monday!

- Priya ☺️