Martin Jones ~ SJS

You get amnesia and you don't remember Martin, but eventually you do remember him... (440+ words)

---

There was a stranger in my hospital room, he looked as if he was 6'4 and he looked as if he were crying but stopped. 

"Y/N! You're finally awake!" He stood up in glee and I looked at him weirdly. 

"Who are you?" I asked as I held my head in pain. 

"Y-you don't remember me?" The stranger gasped in shock and I shook my head. 

"What's your name?" 

"Martin. Martin Jones, your husband...." 

I groaned, laying back down on the bed. 

The doctor came in the room and had a sorrowed look on his face. "Mr. Jones, may I speak with you, please?" 

"Of course, Dr. Barrie..." 

(Martin's POV)

---

He told me the details about how the car crash was non-life-threatening and Y/N just suffered a concussion. But, he told me that she was suffering from amnesia that was curable. The only way that it could trigger her memory prior to the car crash was if I did something memorable that she was for sure able to remember. 

That's when the lightbulb in my head went off. Why don't I recreate our first dance together, just the two of us? 

Walking back into the room, I walked over to Y/N's side and held my hand out for her to take it. Reluctantly, she took it and stood up, looking up at me. Getting my phone out, I set it down on the table with it softly blaring out "Left Right Left" by Charlie Puth. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck. 

Slowly, we started to sway back and forth in place before I started to slow dance along with her. About halfway through the dance, I felt tears soaking my shirt....

Looking down, I saw my beautiful wife, crying her eyes out. 

"Hey, hey, hey! What's wrong?" I hushed her and she sniffled. 

"I'm so sorry, Martin. I truly am...." 

"What for-Oh my god, Y/N! You remember me?" 

"Yeah, my goofball of a husband." She sarcastically smiled and I chuckled. 

Happy tears were rushing out of my eyes. 

"Hey, what are you crying for, now?" She joked and I shook my head. 

"I'm so happy that you didn't forget me..." 

"I would never forget about you, Jonesy...." 

"I thought I lost you to amnesia....I was almost wanted to wake up with amnesia, forgetting all the stupid little things...." 

"Martin, did you just quote Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer?" 

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't...." 

"Damn, I love you so much, Martin Jones...." 

"I love you too, Y/N Jones..."