Christmas 2015

"Hola Mija!" My Aunt Brisa greets me as I walk into her house.
"I'm glad you could make it! Where is Ashely and Kaylee?" She asks.
"Oh. Umm they fell asleep really late last night so they stayed home." I say which is true.
"Oh okay then. Come we have a big breakfast right now, oh and merry Christmas!" She says and gives me a hug.
"Merry Christmas!" I say. We enter the living room and a whole lot of people were around the table. Oh my god! So many people! Brisa introduces me to a lot people and I get so many questions about my mom. I remember few people. Like my cousin Rosa. She's the only one I really remember. I even met my grandma. Oh she was in tears when she saw me.
"I thought I was never going to see you again. You look so much like your father." She says and then broke again. I feel bad. But at least I'm here now. The breakfast went on for a long time. I made conversations with a lot of people. They are all my real family. I wonder what it would be like if I grew up here. I check my phone and it's almost 11 and I promised Jamie's mom I would visit them before noon.
"Thank you so much for coming Mija, it means a lot to us." Brisa says as I grab my things.
"Anytime Aunt Brisa. If you need anything just give me a call." I say and take all the Christmas bags to my car. I wave goodbye and make my way to Jamie's house.
                                    ~
I walk to the front porch and ring the doorbell. I back away holding a few presents. Then finally Julianna opens the door.
"Hi! How are you? Come in, come in!" She says and gives me a kiss on the cheek.
"Here you go Mrs. Grey." I say handing her a gift.
"Oh thank you very much!" She says and fight then a little girl and boy come into the living room and run around us.
"Justin! Juliet! Please calm down! This is Jamie's girlfriend. Can you go call him?" Julianna says nicely. They both nod their heads and run upstairs.
"Yea those are my grandkids. Jamie's sister Elizabeth is older then Jamie and now has a family of her own. Gosh they grow up so fast!" She says with a chuckle. Oh if only she knew this was her grandchild. Just then Jamie walks down the stairs with a huge grin on his face.
"Merry Christmas Beautiful." He says.
"Merry Christmas Handsome." I say and I tiptoe to kiss him. Ohh my beautiful man!
"Okay you two, we already ate breakfast so you can enjoy yourselves here for a while." She says with a smile then turns around and leaves.
Just then Jamie turns around and realizes that him carrying the presents.
"Oh here let me help you." He says and I hand him the stuff.
"Thanks." I say sweetly. He takes the gifts and goes and puts them under the tree. Then the two little kids come again.
"Uncle Jamie! Is this your girlfriend?!" Juliet, I think, asks. Jamie squats down and says, "Yes she is. Her name is Daniella. Did you introduce yourselves?" He says. Then Juliet comes towards me and Justin behind her.
"Hi! My name is Juliet and I am this many!" She says holding up one whole hand in the air. I smile.
"Hi Juliet." I say with a sweet smile. I kneel down so I'm about her hight.
"I like your hair. It's so pretty." I say moving my fingers through her hair.
"Thank you!" She says with a high pitch.
"This is my brother Justin. He is this many!" She says and puts three fingers in the air. I smile.
"Hi Justin, how are you?" I ask and he hides behind his sister.
"He's a bit shy." Jamie says. I smile.
"It's okay. When you want to say hi I'll be right here." I say with a small sweet smile and he smiles back. Slowly he moves from his sister and walks up to me.
"Tia Dani?" He asks and I flush.
"I'm sorry what?" I ask quietly.
He comes closer to me and whispers in my ears, "She's got your eyes." I freeze. WHAT?! I back away and give him a smile.
"Thank you." I mouth. He smiles back and heads back to his sister.
I get up and walk to Jamie.
"What did he say?" He asks.
"Umm..." I think, what do I say?!
"Umm, he just said I'm pretty." I say. His worried face fades away.
"Well he is not wrong on that part." He says and pulls me close. I smile and wrap my arms around him. We walk to his living room and people are gathered around. He walks toward a woman that looks so much like him.
"Hey Karina. This is my girlfriend Daniella." He says. I smile and pull out my hand.
"Hi! So you are the famous Daniella that he always talks about!"she says and gives me a hug.
"Don't worry I know about the baby, and I know the pain. Sorry if I squeezed you hard." She apologizes.
"No it's fine, barely felt it." I say with a smile. So this is my baby's aunt. She smiles.
"Oh, this is my boyfriend. His name is Joe. Joe, this is Daniella, Jamie's girlfriend!" She says and he lets go of the doll that Juliet had and gives me a handshake.
"Hi nice to meet you. Joe." He says.
"Daniella." I respond.