January 11, 2016

"One school of cookies' cream." I say to the lady on the other side of the counter scooping the ice cream. I wanted to have a day with just me and Ashely. We buy the ice creams and head outside.
"So how's the baby going?" She asks me. I've been wanting to tell her the truth but in scared. Will she hat me??
"Umm it's doing fine." I say eating my ice cream. She looks at me.
"Dani, your hiding something from me. I know it." She says. Crap she knows me so well. This always happened. I can never keep a lie from her. I take a deep breath.
"I lost the baby." I say. She looks at me in complete shock. She stays silent for a few seconds.
"What?!" Was all she could say and I back up a bit and protect my baby.
"But... I'm still pregnant." I say. She looks so confused. I have pictures this to go in so many ways but her response in real life was confusing.
"What do you mean you are still pregnant?" She asks.
"I mean I lost Alex's baby. I'm now carrying Jamie's baby." I say quickly. I look down and start playing with my fingers. She doesn't say a word. Her mouth is open.
"How could you let this happen again?! Really we were barely able to keep the first one and now you off again having someone else's baby?!" She almost yells.
"Hey! It's not my fault I didn't know I lost the baby until I went to the doctor and they told me what happened! And why are you yelling at me?? You of all people should understand me right now!" I snap back. Oh I feel angry. She doesn't say anything back. She looks at me with anger in her eyes but then she looks away. When she comes back to me her eyes soften.
"I'm so sorry Caro. I didn't mean to get mad. It's just, it's weird for you to act like this. I mean we both have changed so much since we left. I'm happy for the new baby." She says quietly. My anger slowly flies away.
"Thank you." I said.
"How far?" She asks.
"About 6 and a half weeks. Still growing." I say and give a small pat on my stomach.
"Really? And have you told Jamie?" She asks urgently.
"No! No I'm scared. What is he leaves me like Alex?! No not yet. Soon  it not yet." I say quickly. She backs away a bit.
"Oh my. But you are going to tell him right?" She asks.
"Yes I am. Don't tell anyone okay? I mean I haven't told any of the other people I know so please, trust me okay?" I say with my voice a little shaky.
"Okay." She says with her lips quivering. We get up and hug. I'm so lucky to have her in my life. My mind flashes back to when we were kids. I was scared to have someone around since my mom hurt me. She was really the only person I had with me. I love her so much. She is going to make a amazing aunt and godmother.