March 20, 2016

"Hello again Daniella. Who is this?" Linda asks and I walk into the office and grab the papers.
"Hi Linda. This is my boyfriend Jamie. Jamie this is Linda." I says and they shake hands. I fill out the paperwork and Jamie and Linda start a conversation.
"How long have you two been dating?" She asks.
"It's almost going to be 4 months." He says proudly. I look up hoping she doesn't say anything about the baby.
"4 months?" She looks confused and she was about to say something.
"Linda do you have another pen? This one ran out." I say and she looks at me.
"Oh ya sure. Here sweetie." She says and I hand her the papers once I signed the last part.
"Okay your room number today is 212. You can go up there now if you wish." She says and I nod. I walk through the doors holding Jamie's hand and then make it to the elevator. I was able to talk to Ms Salvia about my boyfriend coming over so I'm hoping everything will be fine and she tells me I'm 5 months. We entered the room and I told him he could wait as I changed.
"You know there is nothing to hide." He says easing an eyebrow but smiling.
"Bye Jamie." I say rolling my eyes and walking into the bathroom and changed. After I walked out with a loose hospital shirt and some nice blue shorts. I'm happy they finally changed the clothes. The other ones made me feel old. I climbed on the bed and Jamie eyes me the entire time.
"Attractive huh?" I say laughing.
"Oh, ya. That is so sexy, I can take you right now." He says and I laugh harder. A few knocks were on the door and Ms Salvia walks in.
"Hello Daniella. We are here for your check up?" She asks and walks in and starts on the computer.
"Yup." I say lying down.
"Hello. This must be Jamie?" She says shaking Jamie's hand.
"Pleasure to meet you." He says.
"Nice to meet you too. Now let's get to business. So you are currently 5 months pregnant? Any back pain? No nausea? Hormones? Mood swings?" She asks.
"A bit of back pain, no nausea, and mood swings come and go." I say.
"Okay. Let me check your blood pressure." She says and wraps the thing around my arm and I wait.
"Blood pressure seems normal. Now let's check the baby." She says and gets the ultrasound ready and starts applying the cream.
"Is there a chance to know the gender?" Jamie asks as he stands next to me.
"It is possible. Depends on the baby's mood. Some are to shy and some expose quickly." She says and starts moving the machine and I see my baby. It's grown so much.
"It's organs are growing pretty quickly. Have you seen the changes? Sure looks like it." She says and laughs.
"Yes I have. One week I'm still flat and the next I'm carrying a ballon." I say and we laugh.
"Well we can all see that. Now let me see if it will let itself reveal." She says and she starts angling the machine on my belly and twisting. The baby doesn't seem to want to show. It does move a lot though.
"Have you experienced kicking yet?" She asks.
"No not yet." I say.
"Well the baby doesn't want to reveal itself yet. We can try again next..." Her voice cuts off at the end. We all look at the screen. My mouth drop when I realized there was another head in the picture.
"Well. At least we know you are having an extra baby." She says with a small chuckle and she turns red.
"Twins." I say barely breathing. Jamie's hand squeezes my hand. She continues to move the machine around.
"One... Girl." She says. A straight line forms on my face and tears start to fall down my cheek.
"Two... Girl." She says moving the machine more lower at my belly.
"Congratulations." She says softly noticing I was in tears.
"Are you okay? Do you need some tissues?" She asks me. I nod my head covering the top of my mouth and the tears fell. He hands me a box of tissues.
"I'll give you two some privacy." She says and leaves. Once she was gone I turned and his my face to Jamie's. TWINS!!
"Hey, what's the matter? Aren't you happy?" He asks. I nod my head.
"Then why are you crying?" He asks. I pull away and wipe the tears from my face.
"I'm just really happy." I say and let out a small chuckle.
"You are going to be an excellent mom. And I will be there by your side the entire time." He says and I let another chuckle and I lean in and give him a soft kiss. Time is getting closer but I can't tell him yet. Not here. Not now. Soon.