18

(a/n: Long. Bear with me on this one. Things are moving. People are noticing.) 

----------------------------

"Lets face it, you need me here." Emma snorted, picking up an empty plate to help Taylor set up the table. Yeah I do. 

"No I don't. I'm doing better than ever. What are you talking about?" The blonde said in reply, rolling her eyes when the brunette simply raised her eyebrows. She knew she was about to give her a million reasons as to why she needed her. "What?" 

"What? Don't ask me that question. Let's look at your house shall we?" The actress gestured to the living room. Taylor couldn't see anything out of the ordinary though. "What about it? It's clean." 

"Exactly, it's too clean. I mean, I know you're really organised and all that but it wasn't this clean the last time I came over. It's like no one has even lived here before." That's because I've rarely ever been at home. "Nonsense. I live here just fine, I just like things in their place okay?" 

"Yeah yeah...alright. But if I didn't know any better, I'd say you spend all your time cleaning up the already spotless house. Even the kitchen looks like someone had a sudden case of OCD and took the time to re-arrange all the crockery. Jesus, what have you been doing, Tay?" The shorter girl said offhandedly while Taylor bit her lip guiltily. That obvious, huh? "I still don't see how that justifies me needing you here." She expressed, setting down their dinner on the counter before pulling out two wine glasses. 

"For starters, you need someone to make this place look like an actual home and not a set from some design magazine. Everything looks too staged and untouched. Two, you need me to schedule you a massage because I can practically see the knots in your shoulders. Three, you need me to cancel all your plans and keep you at home because you've been out for ten whole days now and me being in LA demands that you forget the world and listen to me." 

"Hm." The blonde simply agreed, grinning at Emma's triumphant gaze as she took a bite of her salad for the night. She was trying to get back on a healthy diet after a week of binging on junk since she realised that she would be going on tour soon and that meant she needed to keep up her strength and refrain from junk food if she didn't want to fall sick before any of the shows.

"So that means I get your un-divided attention right? I'm literally going to cancel your plans for tomorrow and schedule a perfect massage." The green eyed girl clapped in excitement when the blonde shrugged in response. She loved having Emma over. The girl was always so alive and loud and it usually put Taylor at ease because she always had something exciting to say and an opinion to state. She wanted to set up a meeting between Cara and Emma and see what would happen because they both seemed to have that similar energy about them that was so contagious.  

"Un-divided attention. Doesn't Andrew give you enough of that already?" The singer raised an eyebrow, making the brunette grin. "Well he's in London right now so...I guess you'll have to do that for me now." She winked at Taylor, making her chuckle  before she sipped her wine. "What's he in London for? And how come you didn't go with him?" 

"It's something to do with his family and he told me not to worry. So I told him that I'd get bored without him and he being the smart guy he was, suggested that I stay with a friend! And of course I thought of you because I haven't seen you in forever and you're leaving for tour again and I wont be in LA before that, but I didn't realise you were going to be in such a bad state oh my God." The actress finished, taking in another bite of food as Taylor defended herself. "What do you mean, Em? Honestly, a clean house doesn't make me ill or anything." She rolled her eyes at Emma.