42

(a/n: Long one. 

Sorry for the delay. My final exams are still underway. AAAAAAHHHHH )

---------------------

'[KK :) ]: How's day 3 going? I can't believe you still won't tell me anything. :P'

Taylor was sitting in her make up chair, getting ready for the last shot when the message came in. She automatically grinned, swiping her finger across the screen to reply.

'Swell, thanks! I think the fans are here. About to surprise them. Ttyl? '

The bubbles popped immediately. She must be on a break, thought the blonde, anticipating the next message:

'Fans? :O'

And the next one:

'You're including your fans in the video?'

And another:

'Or is it just a surprise m&g?'

One more:

'"Ttyl" isn't enough. Meet me ffs!'

The singer giggled at the last one, agreeing wholeheartedly.
It had been a fortnight since the last time Karlie and Taylor had met. Not since their little Rhode Island getaway. And the country star was itching to see her.

Taylor pursed her red lips, fingers moving quickly across the touch-screen as she replied to the text.

'It's for the video. I'll tell you soon enough. ;)

Free tomorrow?'

With that, Taylor was called to take her place.
She was about to surprise a good number of her fans who were a part of the 'Shake it Off' music video, and she couldn't be more excited about it.
They were all sworn to secrecy of course, but she was looking forward to spending the rest of the day with them.

The LA sun was long gone by the time they wrapped the shoot. Taylor slipped back into her green room, exhausted yet happy.
She had just spent the last few hours dancing and talking to her fans after all. There was nothing that could wipe the smile off her face. In fact, the text waiting for her when she checked her phone only sought to widen it further.

'[KK :) ]: Yes!

I have a shoot in the afternoon though.

What do you have in mind? ;)'

Taylor bit the inside of her lip, blushing at the undertone of the message before she realised she was not alone in her room. Her team was still packing up around her, reminding her that she needed to be at the airport in three hours to head back to New York.

'Brunch? :P' She texted back quickly, before moving towards her bags. She had somewhere to be.

'[KK :) ]: Yes. And dinner?' Came the reply, just before she took off. Taylor bit back a squeal before replying in earnest. She couldn't wait.

--------------------

The next morning, Taylor found herself waking up in her New York apartment with a fluffy cat on her front. Nothing new. In fact, she had missed the routine when she was in LA for over a week, having to get up super early and hurrying to a meeting or a shoot.