56

(A/N: Here we are! Jealous Karlie has the tiniest cameo. Tell me what you think! )

----------------------------------------------

"Tell me everything."

Selena practically dragged her into the SUV as soon as they'd finished changing back into their own clothes.

The Bad Blood set was in the distance in minutes. Sam and Kevin had rolled up the partition as soon as Selena had started pestering her, and Taylor was so thankful for them.

"There's not much to say." The singer was trying her hardest to avoid eye contact with the Latina, pressing her lips together as if it would help prevent anything further slipping past them and ultimately failing.

One eyebrow raise from Selena was enough to break her resolve. Maybe her best friend was very persuasive; maybe Taylor just didn't have the energy or the will to suppress it any more. She hoped it was the former.

"Where do I start..."

"You've never had a problem telling a story."

And it was true, a fully developed skill at this point. But even if words were her thing, all of this was just too much inside her head. She drew a shaky breath in preparation for word vomit.

"Last year, when Josh..." Taylor sighed again, in resignation. Why was this so hard for her to frame into a coherent sentence? She was brimming with so much that it was hard to filter a single word out.

"Broke up with Karlie?" Selena supplied helpfully, although Taylor would've worded it differently...more like 'was a total dick.'

"Yeah...that. That was the first time."

Selena knew her best friend enough to know when not to squeak in surprise, because the dark-haired woman sat unmoving for the next fifteen minutes as Taylor's tongue tied and untied itself intermittently to explain random moments since that 'first time'.

She only spoke once Taylor's silence actually sounded final.

"You really—" Selena took a breath before continuing, "like her, don't you?" The singer could read the wonder in her voice, and couldn't help but bury her face in her hands again. Her skin was already flushed as it was.

"I think so," was all she said in response, because really...she hadn't even begun to unravel that knot in her stomach yet. What all of this meant, where it was going...what was she supposed to make of it?

"I should've noticed it the other day," Selena suddenly had a smile on her face, one that set off multiple alarms.

"When?" As if Taylor really needed clarification. She knew exactly which day, the day she almost got caught.

"The day I found you two cuddling in bed?" The obviously was implied. "I was too hung up on my own eventful night to realize there were two other people hooking up right under my nose!" Now she just sounded incredulous.

She almost choked on her own spit at the phrase 'hooking up' because that most certainly was not what they were doing—it was. Before Taylor could tinge a deeper red though, her ears picked up on the word 'other'.

"Wait a minute. You and Cara..."

"You know we did," Selena waved her off with a smirk. It was the most direct confirmation she'd got and she had not been expecting that at all.