44

(a/n: FIRST OF ALL, I'M SO SORRY, THIS IS SO SHORT, BUT I'M TOO FAR UP TAYLOR'S ASS RIGHT NOW AND CAN'T SEEM TO WRITE. BUT THIS CHAPTER IS SO IMPORTANT. 
          SECOND, NEXT UPDATE IN THREE DAYS. ANOTHER IMPORTANT CHAPTER. LONGER.)

------------------------

Karlie Kloss knew there would be someone or the other standing outside Taylor's apartment with a camera, but she couldn't care less about sneaking around like she had been doing lately.

The supermodel strode purposefully into the building lobby, her eyes shielded behind black Ray-Bans while trying her best not to look too eager to meet Taylor.
She supposed she should be worried about how fast she was becoming attached to Taylor's daily presence, but that was another thing she couldn't care less about.

"Hey Ian," she greeted the man hanging around in the lobby.
He was dressed plainly, a little too plain, which is why it was always so easy to spot Taylor's security. She made a mental note to mention this to the singer at some point today.

"A belated happy birthday to you, Miss Kloss."

This came out of nowhere.
Sure, her twenty second birthday had just passed and she had been wondering if Taylor's sudden call asking her to visit had something to do with this fact, but she sure as hell hadn't expected the singer's bodyguards to know...unless Taylor had told them.

Why would she?

"Aw thank you! Is Taylor in?" she asked unnecessarily, to cover up her surprise.

He nodded, a mischievous smile slowly spreading, "she's expecting you."

"Alright, have a good day, Ian," she answered, slightly perplexed by the expression she was receiving from the usually stony bodyguard. The model waved at him just as the elevator dinged open to allow a resident to step out.

The well-dressed man silently gawked at her as she walked by, tall and unbothered by the attention, only wanting to get to the top floor as fast as possible.

She wondered for a brief moment if Taylor had spoken to any of the other residents. Another mental note, and the elevator dinged open to reveal Taylor's floor.

"Well it's about time," said someone nearby. She turned to see Sam hanging around in the hallway, a strip of liquorice in his mouth.

"Why are you eating candy in the corner like that?"

"Last time I ate candy inside the apartment, Kevin threatened to throw it away and order ten salads. I couldn't take the risk," chuckled the sandy haired man, much to Karlie's amusement.

"Your secret's safe with me," Karlie winked conspiratorially, briefly thinking about how weird Taylor's security team was being, suddenly lounging about in lobbies when they usually just watched from their control centre inside the apartment.

"I know, I know. Oh, Happy birthday!" Sam suddenly sprung towards her, offering a sheepish hand to shake.

"Thanks! How do you even know?"

"It's our job to know things, Miss Kloss."

"Of-course it is," Karlie rolled her eyes, a knowing smile spreading across her face now.

"Taylor told you, didn't she..."

"She may have mentioned it once," Sam admitted slowly, a hand reaching up to scratch behind his ear.