Chapter 17:

"Hey" I glance up from my note book. "I brought you lunch" I see the Starbucks cup and pastry bag Infront of my face. "Thanks but I'm not really hungry but I'll take the drink"

I reach for the cup and devour the sweet taste of my French vanilla latte. "Is not eating the new trend now or something, I think I'm missing the memo" "Shawn I'm just not hungry and besides you know I'm not a big eater" I shrug focusing on my book.

"Yea but I don't want you to disappear on me" "Shawn I'm fine" I glance back up at him and he's giving me that 'I'm here for you face'. I roll my eyes finishing the chrous of the song.

"Hey ready to run through it?" I look over at James as he does a bro hug with Shawn. "Yeah whenever your ready" I smile.

-
"You have a way you think we should sing it?" "I think we should let it come naturally" james shrugs. "Okay".

I can see Shawn from outside of the recording booth staring at me worriedly. Why does this kid think I'm always depressed I send him a smile. But I end up blushing after he returns it I can't help it we keep staring at each other talking with our eyes. Acting like we're the only two in the room two hopeless teenagers in love then he bites that soft lip of his.

"are you two finish eye fucking each other" James friend chimes in from outside the booth. And I gasp before they all start laughing and I blush even more."okay let's start" I speak up embarrassed.

James starts strumming randomly until he lands on a string that he likes and he plays it repeatedly.

James:
From walking home and talking loads
To seeing shows in evening clothes with you
From nervous touch and getting drunk
To staying up and waking up with you.

James starts the song and I join his shortly with the chorus then I start the second verse

Me:
From throwing clothes across the floor
To teeth and claws and slamming doors at you
If this is all we're living for
Why are we doing it, doing it, doing it anymore

I used to recognize myself
It's funny how reflections change
When we're becoming something else
I think it's time to walk away

So come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

Everything's that's broke
Leave it to the breeze
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

And I'll be me

Trying to fit your hand inside of mine
When we know it just don't belong
There's no force on earth
Could make me feel right, no

James: Whoa

Trying to push this problem up the hill
When it's just too heavy to hold
Think now's the time to let it slide

So come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

Everything's that's broke
Leave it to the breeze
Let the ashes fall
Forget about me

Come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

And I'll be me
-
The drive home was silent I realized today that I had let go of Matthew. I did that through singing and it felt amazing. Like I can finally move on with my life. I lay my head shawns shoulder as we watch tv. Well as I watch T.v he's on a call with his manger. Annoyed and desperate for his attention I pout . He raises a brow at me mouthing 'what's wrong?' I press my lips against his slowly. His eyes widen lightly pulling away. "Yea ill call you tomorrow". He hangs up his phone the second he does I throw myself at him. Attacking his lips with mines "What's gotten into you?" He laughs questionably as I straddle him. "Nothing" I shrug looking down at him. "Well I think it's something" he mumbles pecking my lips "I'm okay" I sigh getting off his lap.