Chapter 19:

The top reason I hate newyork it get so damn cold at night time. And in the mornings aren't as bad but this breeze is so cold.  I shiver reaching over so that I can snuggle into Shawn but I feel nothing. I open my eyes and he isn't there just me alone in the room with the window cracked. Where the hell is he.

Don't panic Sam he's just up early today that's all. I breathe in and out okay maybe a shower will help me relax.
-
After having taken my shower I feel my more calm its what I needed. I pull on a pair of sweats and a t shirt. I tie my damp hair up in a bun walking out of my room. It's quiet, too quiet. I walk down the hall into the living room nothing but my brother passed out on the couch with beer bottles on the ground. What am I going to do with him. I begin to clean up after him placing the bottles into the trash and return shaking him.

"Get up Dave what the hell is going on?" I ask annoyed "ugh fuck! My head hurts" I sigh "I'll be back don't move" I jog to the cabin to retrieve pain killers for him to take with a glass  of water.

"Here" I hand them to him "David you can't keep doing this there is no drinking in my house" I say sternly and he frowns.

"I can't help it Sam" I cross my arms over my chest

"then you'll just have to leave" he groans annoyed with me.

"Don't be like that Samantha" he hisses holding his head. "Fuck!!" That's good for him he should stop drinking.

"Do you know where Shawn is?" I ask with hope.

"I think he left sometime this morning something about a meeting but I bearly remember " he shrugs laying back down.

Jesus Shawn, I hear my phone ring and I dash for it in the room. It's him thank god .

"Shawn!"

"Sam, hey"

"you scared the shit out of me you can't just leave like that Shawn why didn't you wake me up or something" I rant.

"Im sorry I didn't want to wake you"

" where are you?"

"Miami" he mumbles

"Miami!, Shawn!"

"Yea I have an interview"

"you promised me you wouldn't work this is suppose to be our time" I frown.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't pass it up"

"you can't pass anything up can you " I mumble to myself.

"No I can't! You know why because this is how I make my living this is my job!" Holy shit he's angry who pissed him off today.

"Shawn I didn't mean it like that" I frown

"this is what I do Samantha it's what pays my mothers rent and puts food on the table"

"Shawn I'm not asking you to quit your job but I just want to spend time with you" I sigh

"you say that but your at work all the time don't be a hypocrite Sam" I bite my lip pulling my feet to my chest on the couch I don't like where this is going.

"Shawn I-"

"Don't, you know what I'm done with this conversation I have to get ready for my interview " I sigh

"Shawn I-" and he hangs up in the middle of my sentence. And I feel my eyes watering as I look over at my brother.

"What's wrong?" For once in my life my brothers concerned about my well being.