Chapter 47: Where are yoü now

Shawn's pov

"It's alright baby don't worry Aaliyah recorded every second of it " she still upset .

"But I missed it all" she whispers to herself

"It's okay baby you have their whole life to watch them grow"

"No! It isn't the same!" She yells pushing me away.

I stand up from the bed .

"Sam" I sigh

"You don't know how it feels you never will I missed a whole month of their lives I didn't even get to hold them when they were first born" she started crying

" I know but how would you have felt if you didn't get to see them at all? Be thankful that you're alive"
I pull her into a hug.

"I want to go home" she begs

"We can I'll see if they can let you out tomorrow " I kissed her forehead.

I watch as the nurse walks in.

"Would you like to take your shower ms.mendes?"
She ask nicely

I look at Sam who's staring up at me .

"If you want your husband can assist you" she suggest making her more comfortable

"Yes please"

I smile as the nurse walks out .

She instantly strips off her gown leaving her in just underwear.

She shys away crossing her arms to cover her chest.

She has lost a lot of weight from not physically eating much in a month she looked just as small as I remember first meeting her.

"Hey look at me I never stopped loving you and I never will you don't have to be embarrassed "
I lift her chin up.

I see her blinking back tears "Sam we have two beautiful children together there is nothing to be ashamed of" She buried her face in my chest crying softly .

______________
Sams pov

The whole ride home I just felt invisible and lonely. I was still trapped in my own world. Shawn was talking but I just couldn't focus I kept zoning out.
"Sam!"

"Huh" I jump in fright

"I asked if you wanted to get something to eat before we go home " I shake my head

"No I'm not hungry " he frowned before focusing on the wheel.

I have no urge to eat nor an urge to do anything.

I keep playing that dream in my head over and over again I'm completely paranoid every person I look at is Cameron. I know he's Locked up but I'm so scared.

"Sam!

"Huh " I jump again looking at shawn he frowns at me .

"We're home baby" I look around and realize that we were in the parking lot already. I was waiting for him to get out but he didn't.  he just sat there staring at me .

"Are you okay?" He asked voice slightly cracking I look up at him and I see his eyes getting teary.

"I'm fine" no I'm not I'm losing my mind.

"Are you sure sam" I nodd

I lift my hand to wipe his tear and he place his hand ontop of mine I flinched a little but it wasn't on purpose I knew he wasn't going to hit me.

"You know id never hurt you " he said more serious

"I know"

He got out and walked out to my side helping me into the house.