Chapter 52:

Sams pov

I wake up and I hear beeping my eyes are still heavy but I manage to open them. I see petiole surrounding my bed. "Mom? Dad?" I ask seeing her on my left side and my father next to her.

"Oh thank god" my mom cry's .
"How are you feeling?" Theo and Dave ask me at the same time.
"I feel like shit" my mom scowls at me
"Samantha"
"I'm sorry I'm just being honest" I shrug and feel the pain everywhere especially my leg.

I look down and see I have a cast all the way up to my thigh.

"Doctor said the bullet fractured the bone in your leg" my mom tells me

"Where's Shawn?" I ask panicked as my heart monitor races.

"Relax honey he outside with his family "

"Where's Amelia ?!" I panick trying to get out of bed they all shout "no!"

"Honey you need to rest" my mom says

"Is she okay?!" I ask the all look at each other before looking down .

"I'm sorry Sammy " James says.

"No! No! No!" I cry this cannot be happening .
"No she can't be gone not my princess" I cry my heart out.

My mother rubs my back comforting me as we all shed tears. 

It gets quiet when Shawn enters the room. The second he does my family says their goodbyes and exits the room.

Shawn is so devistated words can't describe how he looks .  He looks at me and just breaks down.

He pulls me into a tight hug and we cry for hours. Until finally we can't go anymore.

He sits on the bed staring off into space in deep thought. "Baby" I call and her turns his head to me slowly  tears filling up again.

"I couldn't save her I failed her I lost my little girl" he sobs I pull him into a hug shedding more tears of my own.

"I let her down too Shawn I'm so sorry " he shakes his head

"It wasn't your fault "

"Yes it was if I hadn't moved"

" the slit in her throat didn't kill her it wasn't that deep it was too much stress on her body. She went into shock her heart stop beating and they couldn't revive her"

He sobs "I just couldn't lose you too" I hold him until we fall asleep .

-
We get to go home at last Shawn just had a few bruises and a broken nose I broke my leg and had a few stitches to my skull .

I didn't want to go home I couldn't face emptiness of Amelia's room.

Shawn helps me on my crutches to get inside as his parents carry the twins

No one has said a word just a thank you for helping us. the twins are in their crib and I am in bed. Shawn moved the cribs into our room.

" sam I'm going to shower really quick if they cry just call me" he says blankly

"Okay " I sigh heart broken this is a feeling that I never want to experience ever again, the lost of a child. Shawn left the bathroom door open. I can hear his sobs I can't help but cry myself. Although I didn't physically give birth to her she's still my child I raised her. Her life is gone SO young.

I see Liam looking at me squirming in his crib I walk over in my crutches struggling to hold him in my arms with my crutches. I almost fall with him but Shawn catches me as I stumble back.

"I told you to call me " he frowns upset eyes blood shot followed By bags . "I didn't want to bother you"

"So you'd rather put yourself and out baby at risk "

"Don't start Shawn I'm just as hurt as you are "I sigh

"I doubt that you don't share our blood "he says coldly

My heart pounded" just because I didn't give birth to her doesn't mean I love her any less that you do " I cry locking myself in the guess room . I cry for hours to myself I can't believe he said that .

I hear banging on the door I ignore him but after 10 minutes he finally picks the lock . "Sam"

"What do you want" I asked hurt

"The twins need to be fed and I'm sorry I should never have said what I said"

I ignore him taking Melanie from his arms. I left my shirt up draping the blanket over her body as she begins feeding . I pay her back gently .

Shawn sighs sitting next to me with Liam in his arms.

Liam starts making noises and even though I'm upset with Shawn and heart broken about Amelia it still a beautiful moment.

I laugh small "What is he saying "

Shawn chuckles "I have no clue" Liam gets quiet and I watch Shaw focus on him. Before wiping a tear.

"I could imagine Amelia running in here being loud asking me a million questions about how am I feed the baby " i laugh Shawn smiles tears flooding both of our eyes.

"I'm really going to miss her " he sobs trying to hold him self together.

"It's going to be okay baby " I squeeze him hand

"Life goes on" he sighs

"Unfortunately but she's never forgotten"

We sigh as we switch babies. Liam looks like Shawn's twin . And every day Melanie looks More and more like Shawn too. Almost like Amelia they look like twin sisters.

I remember
"What should we name the babies " I ask Amelia
" don't know ? girl or boy?" She ask making a thinking face .

I laugh "a girl and a boy"

"Two!" She puts up her fingers

I nod "yes two"

She covers her mouth in shock gasping I laugh at how dramatic she is .

"Mommy is having twins" she looked at me with her thinking face .

"Name Amelia" she tells me I laugh.

"That's already your name silly " she giggles

"Name Amelia" she says again

"Okay how about middle name Amelia "

"Huh?" Confused by my sentence she thinks I'm calling her name.

"You're so silly" I tickle her and she laughs loudly .