Chapter 45:

"Camila please I'm begging you put the gun down " I plead with my hands up in surrender .

"No! You took my child away from me so now I'm taking yours"

"You don't need to do this please Camila " I beg on my knees.

"I'll do anything you want"

"I want you to be with me " she steps closer holding the gun to my head.

"Okay we can be together " I frown looking over at sam and I notice her eyes flickering open.

"I need to know that you mean it" she hands me the gun.

I take a step back " why are you handing me that ?" I asked scared.

"Kill her" she says sternly
Sam eyes widen as she pleads to me

"I can't !" I cry taking more steps back

"Then I will" with out hesitation she aims the gun at sam and shoots.

"No!"
-

"Shawn wake up !"
I snap out of my dream.

"It's okay honey it's just a dream" I hold my chest looking around.

Sams still asleep and the twins are being fed by the nurses.

"You want to talk about it?" She ask rubbing my back

"No" I brush it off.

"Hey, sams going to be okay she moved her fingers that's progress"

"She did!" I smile relieved.

I stand and walk to her side holding her hand.

"Hey baby , can you hear me?" I ask

I feel her hand squeeze mines faintly .

"Please baby fight it try the hardest you can do this I need you, we need you"

-
Sam pov

I felt like I've been in a black hole forever. I'm afraid I may never get out .

"Shawn wake up !"
You don't know how happy I am to hear.

"It's okay honey it's just a dream" he's been having a lot of nightmares lately.

"You want to talk about it?" Please say yes Shawn I want to know what they're about .

"No" ughhhhhh

"Hey, sams going to be okay she moved her fingers that's progress"

Oh my god she saw, she knows I'm still here.

"She did!"

I hear his foot steps come to a stop and a warm touch on my hand.

"Hey baby , can you hear me?" He ask

Yes! I want to scream but I can't . I try to move my fingers.

"Please baby fight it try the hardest you can I need you, we need you"

I'm trying but it's so hard. I try to wiggle my fingers and I forcefully try and all of a sudden I have control of my hand I squeeze his.

"Mom look! "

I hear my heart monitor speed up , oh my god what did I do my chest feels heavy as I hear the monitor go out of control.

"No sam! I'm not losing you" I hear his mom faintly shouting nurse. I'm sinking lower I can't go back Shawn save me.

"Just breath relax sam one step at a time" I hear his voice getting lower. I take a breath focusing on my breathing.

-

I suddenly hear the monitor after a long time.

I try again my fingers they still move on both hands now . I try my arms the take a lot more energy. They bearly move.

I can't even think about my legs , I need to see I have to open my eyes I feel so trapped. I'm trying but it's no use . Lately I've only heard mumbles from doctors no Shawn. I need him to motivate me.

He gave up on me.

-Shawn pov

It's been exactly a month still no sam and the twins are growing fast. Still I have no name for our children. It's been extremely difficult and exhausting for me. I need her By my side they need their mother.

"Shawn can you run out and buy an extra box of diapers" my mother calls from the nursery I cradle our little princess as I walk into the nursery where she's changing my mini me.

"Mom I just bought some"

"Yes but you have two infants who changes diapers very often , it's always going to be doubled everything and pick up some formula while you're at it I can take her off your hands don't worry and you fathers coming over after work to help"

"Thanks mom I don't know what I'd do without you" I pull her into a hug .

I get dressed quickly and grab my keys I hear Jace whining at me . Oh shit I forgot to feed them this morning .

I quickly open the bag filling all their bowls and getting them water.

Fuck! I curse under my breath as I spill their food on the floor.

"Daddy"

"What!" I shout turning around frustrated. My face softens watching tears fill Amelia's eyes as she runs to her room .

I instantly felt bad its just been so much to deal with I haven't slept not once since we brought the twins home when one crys so does the other . Then I have to worry about the dogs , I call to check up on Samantha's status then I have to make sure Amelia goes to day care , I make store trips almost everyday and it's never ending .

Before I can clean up the mess the dogs are eating it off the floor have they been starving for that long geesh . I make my way to Amelia's room and I see her in her bed hugging her bear crying softly.

"I'm sorry princess" I tell her sitting on her bed.

She scoots over farther away from me.

"I really am Amelia daddy's just busy I didn't mean to yell at you. What did you want?" I ask sweetly

She turns around slowly holding her bear tightly
"I want mommy" she crys and I can help but wipe a tear of my own

"So do I" it's taking everything in me not to cry
She crawls into my lap laying on my chest.

"Want to come to the store with daddy ? I ask" she nods. We get dressed and into the car.
-
On our way home I decided to stop at the hospital it's been a while since I could find time to visit .

Amelia holds on tighter to my hand as paparazzi flashes pictures of us.

The whole situation has just been emotionally straining. Sams mother and brothers have been taking turns staying with her this pass month but eventually everyone had to go back to work .

"Who are you here to see sir?"

I scowl "you know who the fuck I am this isn't the first time I'm coming here " I snap Amelia flinches at my tone.

"It's my job mr. mendes but straight ahead" I apologize before proceeding.

I enter the room seeing doctors examining her the doctors nods his head to speak with me in private.

"Amelia you can go say hi to mommy but don't touch anything " she runs off and I watch her intensively.

He sighs "there's no other way to say this but if she isn't responsive within the next two days we're going to have to put her on life support" he frowns

"No! She's in there I know it" I feel my tears burning my eyes . Life support means that she practically dead.

"Even though she's showing minor sign of movement she's not responsive all together she can't wake her self up she's trapped within you don't want her to suffer do you?"