Chapter 22: Sweater weather

I walk down the wide halls of the airport making my way to the pick up gate. In search of my brother all I can see are shawns fans.

I frown at the signs with our ship names and the others that plead for us to get back together.

It's actually depressing I haven't seen Shawn in 2 months I'm getting the feeling I did when we split the first time. I'm starting to feel alone again and I hate that feeling although he cheated on me apart of me wants to take him back and forget about what he did. But in reality I can't stop thinking about his hands being all over her.

He ruined our relationship and It wouldn't be fair of me to let him off the hook that easily because if it was vice versa I'm pretty sure he would treat me the same way or even worst . He wouldn't talk to me basically kick me off the earth . He'd  just leave it up to his fan base to decide .

"Sam!" I snap my attention to the deep voice infront of me.

"Theo" I grin leaping into his arms.

"Hey kiddo , you feeling okay ?" He ask curious

"Yea I'm good" i lie

"I know your lying and Dave told me everything that's going on , so you and I are going to have a talk soon" I roll my eyes ugh Dave I am going to strangle him why can't he keep his big mouth shut.

-
Pulling up to the house I can see the expensive detailing. My brother Is a successful lawyer and his girlfriend is a doctor.  " new house?" I ask in awe.

"yea we got it last year". I nod in approval .

Stepping out the car I walk to the front door where shailene is waiting for me. I pull her into a tight hug but notice a difference . I take a step back and give her a look and she turns red giving me an 'oh shit' look . The moment I open my mouth theo cuts me off. " okay you two time for bed it's after 12 " I frown walking up the stairs.

" theo I'm 19 for god sake "

"and I'm 25 so bed, now" I groan walking pass him up stairs.

-

I unpack my tolitires spreading them along the bed as shailene creeps in. "I thought it was pass your bedtime " I smirk jokingly

"Can't sleep , what about you?" She sits on my bed

"Jet lagged" I frown

She nods fiddling with my lotion " how are you and shawn?" She ask innocently

I mentally roll my eyes I know she knows already theo probably told her .

" I don't really want to talk about it". I sigh feeling my eyes water 😪.

"I'm sorry Sam I-"

"It's okay" I flick it off

We speak but what happened was unforgettable he has a lot of making up to do .

"Im sure theo probably mentioned it but long story short Shawn cheated on me"

"Aww hun" she cues

"No I'm fine really enough about me What's up with you and theo" I wiggle my eyebrows

" oh nothing " she blushes

"Hmmm" I laugh "what are you hiding?"

"Well actually -"

"Come on no gossiping it's 2am " I frown at my
Brother In annoyance

"I'm almost 20" I brag

"You just turned 19" I roll my Eyes

" well that was last year and I'm still an adult" I fire back .

"well your in my house " he grins

" and I-" he holds up a finger cutting me off

"Bed"

He's serious now I look at shailene who gives me an apologetic look. It isn't her fault it is late and she doesn't like to be in between our arguments.

"But Theo" I plea

"NOW"

I pout putting my things away before sliding under the covers .

" good night" he smiles happy that he got
His way .

He walks over and kisses my forehead before
Closing the door.

My phone starts to vibrate
Shawn😪: did you make it safely ?
Sam: yes I'm still alive mendes
Shawn: so we're back to mendes now 😔
Sam: it's nothing new
Shawn: true and aren't you suppose to Be in bed
Sam:I am But I can't sleep it's like 2:15am
Shawn: maybe I should fly out 😎 jk
Sam: maybe you should so my brother can bury you alive
Shawn:😄I think I can handle him and I'll take you up on the offer. we'll see goodnight Samantha .💗

I rest my phone down sighing in frustration . I miss Shawn so much that it hurts. Why Did this have to happen. If i didn't get him angry  that night .....No this isn't my fault if he wasnt being so stupid.

I can't keep up with my brain this week should
Be peaceful and drama free I'm here on vacation and I keep forgetting .

-

"Are you ready ?" I grab my clutch jogging over to shailene .

"Yep all done" I smile as we walk to the drive way .

"This is going to be so much fun" she beams and I wish I had some of her energy . I spot my brother speed walking to the car .

"be careful baby ,okay ?" He looks at her with so much love and caution .

"Yes we'll be fine, i promise " she leans over planting a kiss on his lips.

I look away slightly jealous "Samantha"
He calls and I turn to look at him i can tell he's still mad at me from earlier. I told him about everything leading till this point of course skimming through certain details that I know would piss him off but I only told him that Shawn just hurt my heart and lost some
Of my trust but Is gaining it back slowly.

That's all because if I went into detail my brother would be in jail and Shawn would be in his grave.

"I love you" I give him a half smile

"I love you too "
-
Finally we have Arrived at the night club. Tonights a girls night and so far I'm having the time of my life shailene sure knows how to have fun.

"Want a drink ?" She asks

"Sure waters fine" I say

"Oh so you don't want a drink"

Wait I'm confused she's offering me a drink
" are you sure I won't tell , I think you deserve one"

She smirks telling the waitress as we sit at the bar.

"So you think things with you and Shawn will ever go back to the way they were  ?"

I sigh "I don't know it's possible I'll live but never forget you know "

She nods " I get you your brother cheated on my when we were younger . I know what your going through but you got to see how hard he's trying he regrets it trust me or he wouldn't be trying to fix this"

-
4 drinks later I can bearly see where I'm going the only thing I remember was shailene going to the bathroom but I'm dragged Onto the dance floor by this tall attractive tan skinned guy. We were having fun until he dragged me to the back of the club and his hands started rising under my dress. I swap them away but he's too strong and no one seems to notice and shailene is nowhere in sight. I try to fight back pleading for him to stop but he won't and finally his fingers reach their destination and I can't help but cry and shout .

Finally a figure appears out of the blue  flinging the guy around slamming him into the wall before bashing his head on the floor . The music is cut some people crowding around others fleeing  but by the time they walk over to me my eye lids and shutting closed.