Roy Kim

His POV
I loved her... I really did love her... But I guess I couldn't hold back so I just yelled at her to leave.
I remember everything that happened that day. Her eyes were filled with sadness and tears. Without a word from either one of us, I finally just said, "Leave..." A single teardrop fell from her beautiful eyes as she ran off.
"Don't leave..." I whispered to myself...

It was a nice day out at the beach. The sun was about to set, the wind was soft and quiet, the waves were calm. Everything was perfect but nothing felt right. Everything she said sounded plain and dead as if she had no life left in her after I saw her with her ex boyfriend a few hours ago. I couldn't help but say what was on my mind. "If you don't have any excuses to say, just leave me."
"What are you saying?" She said softly.
"Don't say you're sorry and just leave me. If you can't say that you love me without feeling hurt, leave me."
"Yah... How can you say all that?"
"You know it's true! You still love him! You don't think I can see that in your eyes? The way you were looking at him when he came all the way here just to tell that you he still loved you... You still love him... More than me..."
"That's-"
"Don't say anything else and just leave..."
She tried reaching out for my hand but I shook her off and yelled. "Leave!" I accidentally used too much force, making her fall down into the sand.
She was shocked and had tears forming in her eyes. Feeling terrible, I wanted to give her my hand and tell her not to leave me but just couldn't bring myself to do so. She got up slowly and looked me in the eyes. Without a word from either of us, I finally just said, "Leave..." A single teardrop fell from her beautiful eyes.
She looked into waters, cried for a few seconds, and ran off before I could grab her hand and stop her.

My heart was aching...it was breaking... But she still loved him... And I didn't want to hold her back just for my own needs... I loved her too much... So I let her go...

Looking at her silhouette getting further and further away, my tears finally came out all at once. "Don't leave..." I whispered to myself... "Don't leave..." I fall onto my knees and clutch the sand in my hands with regret of letting her go.
My heart cried out, Don't leave...don't leave...

Song: Roy Kim - Stay