Kim Woo Bin

You're in high school and have a huge crush on Kim Woo Bin, your good friend. He also lives in your neighborhood right across the street. Your window and his window faces each other so you two always write notes to each other for a nice talk before you go to bed.

Sitting on the swing set in the park, I was waiting for Kim Woo Bin to come. It's already getting dark out but I can wait a little longer. I guess I'll leave if he doesn't come. I looked down onto the ground and swung myself gently back and fourth.

I waited for another hour and he still didn't come. I was about to cry. Today was my birthday and he never forgets it. I looked up and saw Woo Bin holding hands with another girl. A single tear fell from my eyes and I got up to leave. Just then, I heard him call out my name but I pretend not to hear him and just left.

I sat by my window doing the homework I didn't get to do from waiting. Just before I was about to go to sleep, I looked over at his window to see if his lights were off. Instead, I saw him holding his sign and looking straight into my eyes. Even though we're at a distance, I felt my cheeks growing hot. It said, I'm sorry I came late. He flipped the page and it said, Wanna meet up at the park tomorrow instead?

I grabbed my notebook and a marker and wrote back, No, it's okay. I'm busy tomorrow. I flipped the page and wrote, Goodnight. I closed my window blinds and got ready to go to sleep. I didn't feel like talking to him tonight. I laid down in bed with a tear rolling down my cheek.

The next morning, I headed out of the house and was walking to school. "BOO!" I jumped and saw Kim Woo Bin behind me with a smile on his face.

"You scared me!" I said almost crying. Not from being scared but just from seeing him.

"Were you really scared? Don't cry~" He was about to wipe a tear off my cheek but I pushed his hand away and head towards school. He chased after me and grabbed my wrist making me stop in my tracks.

"Are you okay?" He said worried.

I simply nodded my head and started to walk but he grabbed me again before I could even get away.

"I said I'm fine!" I accidentally yelled making him surprised. Aish... Embarrassed, I quickly walked away leaving him there watching me go.

In class, he sat in the next 2 rows away from me. I sit in the back by the window. I couldn't bring myself to look at him so I only looked out the window or at the board.

Kim Woo Bin's POV

Why does she look so sad? Did I do something? I keep looking over at ______ with a million thoughts running through my head.

After class, I got up from my seat and walked over to hers. Before I could even say anything, she got up and left the classroom. I was about to go after her but someone grabbed onto my hand. I turned around too see Young Hee.

"Oppa, where are you going? Why didn't you come see me in my class?"

"Sorry, something came up. Why did you come here?"

"I missed you~"

I laughed at her aegyo. She quickly gave me a peck and giggled.

"Yah." I said jokingly. She laughed and gave me a hug. I smiled and hugged her back. Right from the corner of my eyes, I saw ______ walking away.

Your POV

I was about to walk into the classroom but saw Young Hee give Woo Bin oppa a kiss. I quickly looked away not knowing what to do. I ended up ditching class and leaving school. I don't know how I could ever face him again. I get a weird feeling in my chest whenever I see him now. I don't know how to control it so I thought it would be best to be far away from him.

I left school and went to a private swimming pool to swim. I dived into the pool and swam for a couple of hours. Oh shoot! My stuff is still in class! I got out of the pool and took my phone out. I texted one of my friend's. Minah, I forgot my backpack at school, could you bring it over to this address? Don't ask why I ditched! I put my phone down and jumped back into the pool.

After some time passed by, I heard the pool door opening so I swam back across the pool and held onto the ledge. "Thanks Minah." I looked up to see Woo Bin staring at me. "Oppa... Why are you here?"

"That's my question. Why are you here?? This is the first time you've ditched school! Why! Is it because of me? What did I do??" He yelled at me for the first time.

"I'm here because I want to. You didn't do anything, I did..." I climbed out of the pool and grabbed my towel to dry myself. "Just go..." I started to walk away but he grabbed onto my hand. Why does he keep holding onto me?

Kim Woo Bin's POV

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No.... I did...." Her voice was so gentle, it sounded like it was going to break.

"What do you mean you did?"

She spoke in a soft whisper,"I fell in love with you..." Her voice wavered and she turned away from me.

"What?"

I heard her sniff as she walked away, leaving my hand feeling so cold.

Later that night, I stayed by the window waiting for her to come so I could talk to her. She never came...

~3 Years Later~

Hand in hand, we're walking together in a park. Young Hee and I have been dating for a long time now but it didn't feel complete. Something kept hurting me and I didn't know what. I know she's talking but I can't seem to hear her at all. I looked down onto the ground while walking. The thoughts in my head were overpowering her voice.

"Oppa, did you hear me?... Oppa." She waved her hand in front of my face making me come out of my senses.

"Yes? Sorry..."

"Oppa, are you okay? You've been like this for years now... Is something wrong? Don't brush off my question this time!"

"Sorry. It's nothing, really." I give her a small smile and she softly hit my arm but continued our walk.

I looked up and suddenly saw ______ straight ahead. We made eye contact and I saw the tears in her eyes. Nevertheless, she gave me a small forced smile. We approached closer to each other. She walked past me but I grabbed onto her hand. She turned around and smiled at me. This was the first in a long time I've seen her smile a little bit more happily. My tears were forming and were about to fall. I've missed you so much...

"Oppa." Young Hee says. She looked behind me but saw no one there. "Oppa, what's wrong?"

I blinked my eyes several times but ______ wasn't there. Tears started to fall when I snapped back into my senses and remembered that she died in a car crash 2 years ago. Young Hee was shocked and quickly hugged me. "Oppa! Why are you crying??"

Not being able to hold back, I kept crying. The missing piece in me was you. I realized it too late but I love you... I'm Sorry....I'm Sorry...

Song: Adultchild - Sad Thing