Joo Won

When I returned home from work, all of the lights were off except for the lamp in the living room. I walked over and, of course, found Joo Won drinking again. He was sitting on the couch, his head was in his hands while leaning over his knees. I sighed and walked over. I was about to clean up but he grabbed my hand.
"Why are you only home now?"
"You know I work." The same thing would happen every time he got drunk. I'd have to keep reminding him of everything and then clean up after his mess.

"Haha..." He drunkly laughed. "That's right."
He hung his head down and I was going to continue cleaning but stopped and looked at him. "What happened to you? To us?" I quietly said to myself. "How'd things come to be this way?"

My eyes were tearing up so I quickly wiped them away and continued cleaning. I turned to go into the kitchen but he suddenly grabbed onto my wrist and turned me around, forcefully pressing his lips onto mine. His kiss was rough and it started to hurt. It was nothing like the kisses he gave back then. But I didn't pull away because I missed his touch so much. Instead, a few tears rolled down my cheek.

He must've noticed that I was crying and quickly stopped. He stared at me with wide eyes and said with concern, "Why are you crying?" His hands wiped my tears away and he kept his hands on my checks. It seemed as if he was a little sober now.
I couldn't answer him. What would I say? Instead he said, "I'm sorry."

He pulled me into an embrace and stroked my head. "I'm sorry for hurting you...and I'm sorry for always drinking every night. I'm sorry for falling in love with you..."
I cried even more when he said that he was sorry for falling in love with me.

He pulled away to look at me and gently said, "I love you so much, I'm sorry."
I gave him a weak smile and he gently planted a kiss on my forehead. Then he took a step closer to me and placed a hand on my lower back with his other hand holding my neck. He placed a kiss on my nose, and lastly, my lips. This time his kiss was soft and gentle, sweet like how I remembered it.

We stood there in the living room kissing and forgetting all of our troubles. No more words were needed because we both already knew what we wanted to say to each other.

I'm sorry for falling in love with you.

Song: V.A. - Broken Heart (Innocent Man OST)