Kim Soo Hyun

Stepping down the staircase, one foot at a time, everyone in the ballroom had their eyes on me. I was wearing a gold colored ball gown with lace, gems, and glitter all around it. The top of the dress was sleeveless and the skirt wasn't too big nor too slim. It was just right.  I had my hair up in a fancy curled bun with curled stands of hair on the sides. I wore white gloves up to my elbow and had on my best heels. No jewelry was needed because I already stood out. Oh, and you can't forget the gold and laced mask for the masquerade ball.

By the time I reached the bottom, a crowd of men surrounded me and they all begin speaking to me at the same time.
"Hey beautiful."
"Wanna dance with me?"
"Let's grab a drink, hm?"

Flustered, I stood there smiling nervously. I didn't want to be with any of them and I didn't know what to say. I only came because I received an invitation and was hoping, just hoping that I'd run into him. It wouldn't be possible though, not after what happened.

Just then, a man wearing a spotless white suit and a white mask covering his eyes and almost half of his face, broke through the crowd and held out his hand for me to hold. "I'm sorry I took so long." He slightly nodded only enough for me to see and I held onto his outreached hand. He wrapped his hand around mine and took me towards the center of the dance floor.
"May I have this dance?" He asked.
I nodded my head and smiled. He placed his hand on my back, my hand on his shoulder, and our free hands finally met.
"Thank you for saving me back there." I said.
"Of course." He smiled.

He guided me in the movements so gracefully, and our feet moved in perfect sync to the beating of my heart. We kept our eyes on each other as we became one with the song. He lifted me up in his arms and spun me around. When I was back on the ground, he twirled me around and pulled me back into his arms.

As the song continued on, I felt relaxed and allowed a small smile to form on my lips. He was perfect. His dark brown eyes were deep and irresistible. One thing was for sure... I felt as if I knew him.

When the song finished, we stood where we were, close to each other, and stared into each other's eyes, slightly out of breath. Just then, we heard the sound of applause and looked around to see that everyone was watching us.
"Seems like you stole the show ___," He said with a smile.
I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "How do you know my name?"
Everyone went back to what they were doing but we stayed where we were.

He reached behind his head and took off his mask. My eyes went wide to see that it was Kim Soo Hyun. Tears were forming in my eyes and he took a step towards me, closing the gap in between us. He reached for my mask and gently took it off, wiping away my tears that fell.
"You... What happened to you? I thought.. I thought you died." Tears rolled down my cheeks and he wiped them away again.
"They thought I was dead, they thought they killed me but I was still alive. So I've been on the run. It's a long story. I missed you so much."
I quickly wrapped my arms around him and hugged him still crying. "I thought I lost you."
He rubbed my back and said, "It's okay... I'm here now."

He pulled away and wiped my tears once more. His tender and loving eyes searched my face and his gaze fell onto my lips. His face slowly inched closer to mine and our eyes slowly closed. His lips pressed against mine and we kissed for what it seemed like forever. My hands found themselves holding onto him as he brought his hand behind my neck, kissing me deeply.

In that moment, I knew that he'd never leave me and that our love for each other was strong. We could fight back together and prove his innocence. All I needed was him by my side. I love you.

Requested by @KpopCrazy7

Song: 양선미 - Anemone (Female Version) (K2 OST)