Consequence {29}

(Might contain trigger(s)?
read with caution I suppose)

You were finally allowed to go back home. You hated being in that hospital.

The food sucked and a lot of the nurses were rude to Sans and Obi.

All except for one. She had FLIRTED with Sans. Why did that anger you? You didn't know! You just didn't like it.

Maybe it was because you could tell she was an obvious tramp, or maybe it was the fact that Sans was playing along by flirting back. Whatever it was, you did not approve of it. Ivy didn't even approve of it. Obi could tell you were upset and started to reassure you about it.

Right now it was a Friday afternoon and you had just gotten home from school. Your homework was finished and you were laying sprawled out on the bed, waiting for Benjamin to call you back about something.

She had told you that she was going to confess to Ann, and you were pretty pumped about it. You couldn't help but grin at the thought. Benjamin was planning to record herself singing a song for Ann, and the song she had picked was perfect.

Ann was insecure about herself, so the song fell into the perfect category.

Ugly by Nicole Dollaganger. The lyrics nearly made you cry and Benjamin had explained how it was one of her and Ann's favorite songs.

However Benjamin is Benjamin and she was worried about Ann rejecting her. Ann wouldn't put her down brutally, but if she said no it was still hurt. No matter how nicely she said it.

Bzzt

You quickly dove after your phone, snatching it off of the nightstand and checking it. Benjamin had sent a link from YouTube, and you assumed she was finished with her singing.

Benjamin: I finished it ;w;... My voice isn't that good, but I'm going to show it to Ann when I head over to her house later when we work on the project.

Cool! I know she's gonna say yes.

Benjamin: Pfft, I hope. If she doesn't then I hope we can at least be friends and she sees herself in a positive way. Wish me luck lmao

Good luck!

You stood up and stretched a little. You let out a small sigh and looked back over at Ivy. She was wrapped in your blankets, wagging her tail, smiling up at you.

(TIMESKIP)

"I've gotta head over to Alphys' house." Sans mumbles as he searches for his jacket, "Where's my jacket?"

"How come you need it?" You asked, looking him up and down, "You are a skeleton afterall.. You can't feel the cold."

"How would you know that?" Sans asks you, eyeing you cautiously. "Because. All of you like to have the air conditioning on for no reason and I nearly freeze to death every single time you guys do it." You looked back up at him with a small smile, "That's how I know."

"I just like my jacket." He shrugs and grabs it from the chair after locating it, "Anyways, I'll be back later. If you need me, just call me, alright?"

You gave a 'mhm' in reply and leaned back into the couch, "What are you and Alphys working on?"

Sans looks over at you and frowns slightly, "It's classified... But I'm only doing it because it's needed. I don't like it... But it's necessary."

You nodded subtly and waved goodbye as he neared the door. Ivy suddenly darted out of your room, bringing a blanket with her. She hopped up onto the bed and settled next to you, still partially wrapped in the blanket.

(Smol timeskip)

It had been an hour or so when Sans had left and Benjamin just texted you that she was heading over to Ann's.

You were really excited about what the outcome would be, but while you waited it gave you time to think about Ann... She was awfully insecure. She hated how she looked, so you assumed that she was bullied about her looks. Ann was also not the slimmest girl in the bunch, she was a bit chubby, but that never bothered you, and obviously not Benjamin.

You distinctly remembered a person whispering in class. It was one of the popular girls in class, and she was pretty rude when it came to comparing other people. Especially for their weight. She often targeted Ann, and one time Benjamin had gotten so angry she punched her, giving her a bloody nose. Many said that Benjamin broke the girl's nose as well.

Benjamin had stomped over to your house that day and complained about it. Ann had run home and refused to come out, so it made Benjamin pretty upset...

As your thoughts continued to go, your eyelids grew heavy and you were consumed by sleep.

"I don't appreciate you messing with my subjects." A voice grumbled quietly. You twisted and turned, trying to find the source of it.

"I'm done with so many unwanted variables..." The voice was male.

"Who are you...?" You whispered quietly and your heart jumped when you saw the face appear again. It's form consisted of a black... Robe? It kind of looked like he was melting.

"That doesn't concern you, but Benjamin's made her last mistake." He chuckles quietly, his gaze flickering around to study your form, "Tell the boys I said hi."

You quickly inhaled sharply once you woke up. You hated it when he invaded your sleep... You weren't too sure who it was, but it scared you because you were aware that he existed.

You weren't too sure how, but how did he know who Benjamin was? You started to worry for her safety, wondering if maybe he was going to hurt her or worse.

Maybe you were over thinking things...

"(Y/N)!" Benjamin's voice shrieked through the door of the house. You quickly got off of the couch and rushed to the door, Ivy following you.

You opened the door to see Benjamin standing there, breathing heavily and uneasily. Tears were streaming down her face and she trembled and quivered.

"Benjamin what's wrong?" You whispered and she shut her eyes tightly, falling to her knees, burying her face into her hands.

"Sh-she's.." Benjamin whispered. She couldn't calm herself. Something was up and you were afraid that it had something to do with Ann.

Did she reject her?

"Ben, what happened, what's wrong?" You got to your knees, setting a hand on her shoulder, "Please tell me..."

You never would have thought that three words could have changed your mood so quickly. You never knew that they were so powerful coming from someone's mouth. Small words, put together by letters... They had such a big impact.

They stated a cruel fact that could not ever be corrected.

"Ann killed herself..."

(okay okay, please don't kill me
I'm such a terrible person

I made myself cry when I wrote this

Don't worry. This plays in the plot line. It's going to put the plot into bigger action--

And it also makes Gaster a bigger douchebag than he already is
*cries into corner and cuddles a stuffed animal*)