He understands {45}

You reach your arms out and wrap them around him. He does the same, pulling you into a tight, yet gentle embrace.

"I'm sorry..." He whispers again.

You couldn't tell him that it was okay... You'd be lying. So instead you nodded a little, which seemed to suffice for him.

As you stood there hugging him, you asked yourself the questions again.

What if the yelling did continue...?

But then again... What if it didn't?

-----------------------

"sans... I don't think that Ossis would be very happy if he came home n' saw (Y/N) here..." Zerack whispered, looking down at the shorter skeleton.

"relax, kid." sans shrugs.

"sans... I'm older than you." Zerack murmurs and glances towards you nervously, "And besides, what if Dover doesn't like her? I don't want--"

"bomb boy?" sans grins.

"Please stop." Zerack mumbles, looking slightly angered for a split second, but his expression returned to nervous.

What was going on? You hardly understood what they were saying. You felt like a kid being taken to daycare.

"she'll only be here for a few hours, calm down. i just need to see if loud mouth takes any notice."

"sans, you know that me 'nd him don't... Y'know," Zerack pauses for a moment, keeping quiet, "go well together. What if he attacks me or accuses me of hurtin' her...?"

"he'll listen to (y/n), so as long as you don't actually do anything to her, you'll be fine." sans narrows his eye sockets, "because you'd be dealin' with me too."

"Are you mockin' me...?" Zerack asks, obviously offended. Poor thing hardly feels confident in his own house!

"maybe."

".. Don't worry, I won't do anythi--"

"anythin'."

Zerack let out a sigh, "I won't do anythhhh.... iiinn... guh." He had to force the 'g' part out. You were a bit annoyed now. You felt bad for him... He couldn't help the way he spoke and sans kept poking fun. He looked extremely embarrassed and ashamed when sans picked on him. If sans does that one more time...

"good boy." sans grins wider and chuckles, "so, you can handle her for two hours?"

"Uh huh." Zerack mumbles, tapping his fingers together to cope with his nervous state, "But uh... Why me? She might think I'm weird or some--"

"somethin'. look, you've gotta start talking corre--"

"sans, stop!" You grunted, standing up from the floor and walking towards the two. Zerack jumped slightly, taking quick mental notes about your behavior.

sans even seemed to flinch at your sudden action.

Ivy watched closely from a distance. She was simply sprawled on the floor as she watched it all go down. She even appeared to be getting upset when sans picked on Zerack.

"Quit picking on him. You shouldn't do that." You mumble, "How would you feel if I constantly made fun of the way you slouch. You can't help it, right?"

"..." sans looks away for a moment to think. With a small, airy chuckle he nods, "yeah... i get it. i'll stop."

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave now, so you don't make a pun about him." You fold your arms and sans nods in agreement.