Turn of events {33}

You wished that you never asked what Benjamin needed your help for. When she started to explain Gaster, you grew worried that you were a target. But when she started to say things about Sans you grew uncomfortable with being the same household as him.

"Gaster and Sans are... How do you put it... The same person." Benjamin mumbles, "He's called Gaster Sans."

"I'm feeling really uncomfortable right now." You throw your statement out and Benjamin nods in agreement.

"Trust me. Sans has no interest in hurting you. Gaster explained to me how he rebelled against him, but they share the same hate for humans." Benjamin then shakes her head, "Anyways. Papyrus, sans and Gaster Sans are all Gaster's sons."

"Why is he named Sans?" You mumbled, "Why couldn't he just be named Edgy or something? His attitude is ridiculous sometimes..."

Benjamin let out a small chuckle, "No, we call Underfeeee..." She halted herself and shook her head, "Never mind, that's for a different time. Gaster told me that Gaster Sans started as an experiment... He told me that sans was far more intelligent than Papyrus, so he took part of his soul and his own, bringing them together. The entire point of it was so he could shatter the barrier... He explained to me how with that much intelligence, he could shatter the barrier by figuring out the formula. In the end it was Frisk's determination, but Gaster and sans both had determination as well; however, they weren't human... So he created Gaster Sans to capture a human and to have more knowledge. It's hard to explain.. I'm sure you're probably really confused now, but that's my way of explaining it. I don't remember it entirely." She then puts her hands together as you guys approach the forest, "The reason why I'm bringing you with me is because you're untouchable around Gaster. He can only hurt you when he enters your mind."

"I'm still scared... What's he gonna do?" You asked quietly, "From what I've seen he's pretty mean.. And yeah, I'm really confused."

Ivy appeared to be ignoring the conversation. She was busy eyeing the forest as you neared it.

"He won't do anything, I promise." Benjamin reassures, "Now... This might be a bit easier to understand, but I'm one of Gaster's subjects--"

"There's not going to be a Gaster Benjamin is there?" You ask, partially serious and partially joking.

"No. He says that his soul can't handle being merged with another soul, so he said he wasn't going to try that. He did consider though." Benjamin murmurs and looks forwards, "As I was saying, I made a deal with Gaster... I would be his test subject for an experiment in return for my brother back. My brother was killed about two years ago... Gaster said he knew how to get his soul back and plant it into his body--"

"Wait. How can he do that? Isn't your brother buried...?"

"No." Benjamin shook her head, "He was hit by a car and was announced dead at the hospital. That's when I met Gaster... He said he could save my brother if I accepted his deal. I accepted and he took my brother's body back to his lab."

"Wouldn't he rot though?" You grossed yourself out by asking that question. Benjamin shakes her head again, "Nope. Gaster has his ways. I don't know exactly what he does, but he says that my brother's alive... I'm never allowed to see him though."

"He's not using you... Right?" You murmured, growing more quiet as you noticed Benjamin was trying to hide her face. Some tears were welling up in her eyes, but she kept a small smile.

"He might be. It's a possibility... but it's always worth it. My brother needs to live. He has so much to do with his life." Benjamin lets out a small weak laugh, "And he was always there for me... After my mom died, my father was really mean to us... He mainly targeted me because I was so negative after she died. He always stood up for me, he'd hold me when I cried, he'd catch me if I fell and he was really supportive." She wipes some tears away, "The way his life was taken wasn't fair, so I need to get it back. I need to repay him." You notice her become more tense, trying to conceal her emotions, "And even if he's dead for good," her voice is breaking apart, "I still need to help Zerack."