Chapter 34

**ALL RIGHTS ARE J.K. ROWLINGS excepts anything/one having to deal with Ariadne Aleacia Pierce**

Enjoy! :D

-----------------------------

Severus' POV

Since my freak out letter to my love, I've been keeping a close stay to the Malfoy Manor. Everything that has been asked of me, I have done with high priority. The Order no longer trusts me or allows me anywhere 12 Grimmauld Place. They try and get a good hex in if they spot me around the place. That's acceptable. Not like I care either way. I was only doing it on Dumbledore's orders. It's an obvious factor that I have a high price upon my head by those who have hated me all my life and at the same time looked upon as a hero for those who have wanted Dumbledore gone. I, on the other hand have hated myself for agreeing to every word the old man has asked of me ever since the very beginning. 

The fact that I lost Lily all those years ago has me pining.

At times like these I bury myself in those childhood memories of her. The fact that I lost her to Potter and then to the Dark Lord thanks to that pathetic sleaze ball of a traitor friend, Wormtail. I dwell on what was, what used to be. There's no helping it. Since she's gone, I feel like I've started to care for her son, as if he was my own from the very beginning like I wished it was. Her friendship meant the world to me. It was and is everything I cling to in my time of feeling lost. 

Yet, as I search for Lily's eyes, smile and her lovable nature and personality I have adored for decades, it's become hazy and hard to find. Instead of those beautiful green eyes, I've come to seek those forever changing dark grey ones. The smile that was on the red head now belongs to a dark haired brunette as the personality has become a kindhearted one that looks past the faults of man and only strives to build up others esteem and confidence. 

"Professor?"

I turned to the white haired boy while putting my book down.

"Draco.."

He looked almost as bad as his father did only instead of wear and tear, more petrified. 

"When can we leave again?"

I frowned, he has never asked to go anywhere before. 

"I don't know what you are talking about Draco. I haven't gone anywhere in the last 3 or so weeks. It was also my last assignment the Dark Lord requested of me."

"You lie. I know you went to Hogsmade a couple of days ago."

"Again on an errand being asked of me."

Our conversation was cut short as his mother came into the small room. She looked frail and extremely pale.

"Narcissa."

"Severus, Draco, your Father would like you to please meet him in the Lounge."

Draco gave me a side glance, nodded to his mother and left the small room I was trying to hide away in. 

Once he left, Narcissa, shut the door quietly, casted a silencing charm and turned to me. I looked at the woman expectantly. This wasn't out of character for her to 'secretly' meet with me however I got the feeling that this wasn't about her husband or her son.

"Can I help you?"

"I might as well just come out and say it but I'm worried for Ariadne."

My eyebrows knitted together.

"Severus, our family has known you for a very long time and though you are a very private man, we all share some kind of affection towards the young girl. Lucius and I have much gratitude for her as Draco has attached himself to her. We feel that she is already apart of our family. At least like a daughter or an older sister for Draco. We all know that Draco has warmed up to her and allowed her into his heart. Also, it has been touched upon very lightly that she is expecting. I don't care how you were brought up Severus, I just hope you know what you are doing."

I stayed as still as I had been all along.

"I haven't the slightest idea in which you are implying Narcissa. Though maybe it's best you erase her from your mind. If you forget, she decapitated and dismembered two men as she not only fixed an entire train, but gave the dead back their souls and wiped everyone's except her friends memory. All the while kept her unborn children safe as she collapses into a coma."

Narcissa frowned giving me a long hard look. She was actually quite frightening.

"Don't give me that bullshit Severus. I have noticed the change in you this year. It was Draco that confirmed my curious thoughts. I'm a woman, a wife and a mother. I see the changes in everything and your heart and soul has softened. You all are safe if that's what you fear. You have finally found someone to love and that love has multiplied thanks to you both conceiving. If you're trying to erase the poor girl from your mind that's your own damn fault. But don't you dare tell me what's best. Right now keeping her safe and away from here while He is in power is something I will help protect if that's the last thing I end up doing."

I sighed. Damned woman knows how to put a man in his place. Now why didn't that work on her husband?

"I do care and no I'm not. I'm staying alive as much as she does. We promised that something will come about, that we'll see each other when I can make sure it's safe. I love her too much and to have Him find out is the last thing I need or want. So if we can get off of this topic that'll be great."

Narcissa nodded curtly and turned to the magically bolted door.

"If I were you, I'd do more than just that, Severus."

That was the end of the random conversation for she left me to ponder her words. 

I couldn't say I knew what more I could do to make it more than 'just that', but I did start to plan on finding ways to leave more often in order to come up with something.

Picking my book up, I left the small room I took to hiding in when I was given the chance. 

There wasn't really a point reading anymore when your head is buzzing repeatedly with incoherent things and swirls of random colours intertwine making it impossible to sort it out. Taking my time to the spare bedroom provided for me, I decided to get sleep while I had the chance. For me, that was the answer to my problems these days. Sleep, assignments and hide a ways when I could fit them all in.

I fell asleep to a clouded mind.

===============

I'm sorry it's so short!!! But I had to put him in!! :D

Like??

The chapters are still rated pg-13 so I apologize.

I hope you guys liked it!!!! :D

Vote?

Comment?

Add?

Fan?

Recommend?

Thank-you so very much for reading!! It means a lot to me!!!! :DDDD (Tackle hugs to you all :D)