Chapter 36

**ALL RIGHTS ARE J.K. ROWLINGS excepts anything/one having to deal with Ariadne Aleacia Pierce**

Enjoy! :D

-----------------------------

My world stopped in time. 

I didn't move and no one in the room mattered besides Deimos and myself. 

I heard our hearts beating in-sync.

I felt our lungs push our chests in and out.

Most of all I was hyper aware of his touch. How his strong arms held me carefully, protected me and confirmed there was nothing to fear. To tell the inner me, the child that consumed my worst memories, that I was always going to be safe and secure without ever having to worry.

Yet at the same time it was all wrong. 

That there was something missing, like a void not being filled. 

There was no warmth. 

No drawl of a voice I knew so well.

No eyes as black as coal staring and captivating my soul.

There was no Severus, the man I loved...

"It's not me."

My voice came out in a whispered cry as my hair fell about my face. If anyone saw my eyes, they'd see desperation and sorrow. 

I felt Deimos' arms falter in their hold around me. All was at a standstill.

"It's not me. I'm not the one for you, I promise. Please release me."

Deimos' arms fell from around me and I got up and left the room without another word or notion to turn back. 

If I had, I would have seen a crying Vampire that looked as if his whole world had shattered but I knew I wasn't his. Though he had felt a connection, I did not. There was attraction but not the intense love that a soul-mate should feel at first glance.

When I found my friends and the ones I truly rather be around, they were in a meeting room on the fourth floor and furthest away from Library. Knocking on the closed door, I waited for them to open it.

Lacy opened the door and looked shocked to see me.

"Oh! Aria... What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean what am I doing here? I've been here the whole time! It's you guys I couldn't bloody well find for the past like 3 hours! Then I find out through Inspire that shit was going down, Deimos was 'made' to keep me in the room and that You all were threatened thanks to my being able to hear thoughts freely!! What in the name of all that's damned is going on!!"

They were all staring at me in the doorway as they sat about an oval table. Heath and Arlette rubbing their wrists with slight red marks upon them.

"What a woman! Feisty and straight to the point!"

A low whistle sounded.

"Dad! Not the time or place!"

Both Lacy and Raven came together followed by smacks from each on either side of the head.

"Ouch that actually hurt."

Xavier used both his hands to rub his aching head.

Lacy sighed, turned back and let me in the room, shutting the door behind me.

I leant up against the wall folding my arms over my chest.

"Well whatever you heard didn't come from us, Raven tied us up and chucked us in a room that was completely soundproof! You're the lucky one!"