Chapter 43

**ALL RIGHTS ARE J.K. ROWLINGS excepts anything/one having to deal with Ariadne  Aleacia Pierce**

Enjoy! :D

-----------------------------

Severus' pov

**Oct. 13th- 13 days after seeing Aria

Living in the same room, using the same desk and having the same authority as Dumbledore had used just months ago, made me feel like the lowest person right now. Why I was made Headmaster wasn't clear but my suspicions of having to be constantly reminded of the man I killed were probably right. I hide in here whenever I can. There is nothing my job has for to do but to be mean and cruel. I hate it. I really do. Especially for those poor kids. 

Knowing that I have the title of Father makes me see things differently. They suffer from the hands and wands of the Carrow siblings besides those damn Slytherins. Their cries, screams and yells throughout the halls of Hogwarts kick me in the chest. Even those that are Pure-blooded from other houses. I still can't understand why that Longbottom boy is here when his parents are back in full running life. Why wouldn't he go into hiding to be with them? Why did he have to come and put up with the beatings?

I'm a bloody coward yet here I am hiding a dead man's secrets, here I am constantly worried for those around me and for my young wife and our children she's carrying. A place where I should be. A place where we didn't have to worry for each other's safety but to live happily.**

I shut the small black journal I was writing in and tucked it into my hidden chest pocket. I looked about the office. the frames that held all of the Heads before were now hanging bare. They left the moment I walked in to start a new year.

I sighed.

"You know Severus, I'm sure you are doing the right thing."

I turned to see Albus sitting in his frame behind me.

"How is this the right thing?! I bloody killed you!"

I snarled.

"Yes but have you forgotten our plan, our meetings and what I asked you to do in the tower? My death can't be in vain Severus, I was the one who asked you to end my life. We both knew that my health was fading faster thanks to the curse spreading from my hand."

"It still doesn't make it right Sir."

My voice was pained coming out. That wasn't what I wanted to happen.

"I'll be back Severus."

With that, I was officially alone in the vast office, that is until a knock came at the door.

"Come in."

I was getting ready to see what petty thing a student had done now to be sent to the Carrow's only to see Minerva looking worn, tired and something else I couldn't place.

"Minerva."

"Severus."

Would she hex me while alone? I kind of hope she would.

"If you think I'm going to hex you than you're wrong. As much as I'm very displeased with the way everything has come about, I have come to an understanding."

What is this woman up to?

"I came here to ask if I could use your Floo network considering that yours is the only one connected."

"And where do you suppose you are going?"

Minerva gave me a smile, something I NEVER get from her since we don't see eye to eye.