Chapter 8

Lauren

I sat on facetime with Riley. She was showing me how to wear my hair and make up. I usually don't spend much time even trying to look cute cause I always fail but it actually came out really cute. I looked at myself as I talked to her.

"Are you even looking at me?" Riley questioned

I paused then laughed

She shook her head. "What time is your class?"

I looked over at my phone. "In about 30 minutes."

"Shouldn't you be leaving?"

"I am now. Talk to you later!" I ended the call.

I closed my laptop and grabbed my bag off the floor. I flicked the lights off and walked out my apartment.

I made it to class 5 minutes before it started. I pulled my sketchbook out and flipped to a clean sheet. Today we were drawing still-life. I got my pencils out and began working.

A notebook was placed beside me. I looked up and saw Chris. I instantly rolled my eyes and sighed.

"I can't sit here?" He whispered

I continued to do my work and ignored him.

"Alright class. If you haven't already, I need your projects by tomorrow. You can put your still-life drawing for today in the basket on my desk. Have a good day." She smiled and walked out of the classroom.

I carefully ripped my drawing out of my book. I walked to the desk and sat my paper in the basket. I picked up my bag and sketchbook before walking out of the class.

"Lauren!"

I turned around to see Chris following behind me.

"I'll be over later to get the project."

I nodded.

He opened his mouth to say something else but Jayceon walked over and placed him arm around me. I smiled as I looked up at him.

"You ready?"

"Yes." "I'll see you later Chris."

"Ya'll cool or something?" Jayceon asked as we walked out the building.

"I don't know. I thought we were. He's just my art partner now."

We slowly walked through campus as we talked. A group of guys walked past. One of them yelled 'fat ass' and I instantly wanted to cry. Jayceon quickly turned around but I just stood there.

"Aye! Who said that shit?"

The group of guys stopped and one of them stepped forward. "I did." He smirked.

"Watch your fucking mouth. Don't say shit about her. The next time I hear something from any of you niggas, you getting ya ass beat and I put that on Piru." Jayceon turned around and placed his arm around me and we continued to walk.

We crossed the street and approached my apartment building.

"You want to come in?" I looked over at him

"I got practice in a couple hours but I can chill for a while." He smiled

I grabbed his hand and walked into the building.

We stepped out of the elevator and I unlocked the door to my apartment.

"Welcome to my home." I held my arms up and laughed.

Jayceon sat in the living room while I went to the kitchen. I grabbed two bottles of water and some chips and went to the living room.

"Catch." I tossed him a water.

I held up a bag of munchies and smiled.

His eyes lit up "Yo! You remembered?" He smiled

"Of course I did."

"You like me. I can feel it." He laughed

I laughed and sat beside him

He laid his head on my lap as he watched TV. I was nervous at first but I soon found myself rubbing his head as we watched 'Martin'.

"You going to be my Gina?" He looked up at me

I blushed and mumbled "I don't know."

"It's cool. We working on that." He winked and continued watching tv.

Before we knew it, 2 hours had passed by and it was time for him to get to practice.

I walked him to the door and gave him a hug.

"I'll call you later." He kissed my cheek.

I opened the door for him and noticed Chris coming out of the elevator. His facial expression changed once he saw Jayceon come out of my apartment. He clenched his jaw as he walked past him.

Chris walked past me and went straight to my art room with out saying anything

I walked behind him and watched as he wrapped our project so it wouldnt get damaged.

He picked it up and mumbled an 'excuse me' before walking out the door.

I shrugged and locked the door behind him. Soon as I got to my room, there was a knock on the door. Walking back to the front, I noticed that he left his phone. I opened the door and he walked in.

I turned around to find him standing there staring at me.

"What?"

He placed his hands on the side of my face and crashed his lips into mine. I stood there stiff, not knowing what to do.

"Relax." He spoke as his lips brushed over mine.

He began to kiss me again and I kissed him back. I could moan at the feeling of his lips on mine.