Chapter 18

Lauren

I stretched as I opened my eyes and looked around. I fell asleep on the floor of the room that Riley is staying in. I pulled myself up and walked into the bathroom.

"You want any breakfast?" Riley called out

"Where are you going?"

"Waffle house."

"Get me a waffle, cheese eggs and bacon." I walked over and turned the shower on

"Chris is here." Riley stood at the bathroom door, smirking

"What?" I looked at her confused. I dried my hands before walking into the living room.

"Well I'm going to leave you two alone while I go get our food. Chris, do you want anything?" Riley asked "I'm going to Waffle House."

"Nah. I'm good."

"Cool. I'll be back."

The door closed and Chris stood up.

"You know I've been texting and calling you right." He walked towards me

"Yea. I saw."

"So you were ignoring me?" He nodded "I see how it is. I just think its so funny."

"Can you leave? I really don't feel like going there right now." I walked down the hall.

"See this is where you have this shit all fucked up" Chris grabbed me by my hair and slammed me into the wall. He placed his hand around my neck.

"Chris! Stop!"

"Nah. You wanna talk crazy. I can show you crazy. Don't you ever in your life ignore me like you did. What the fuck is wrong with you? If I call or text you, you answer."

His grip got tighter around my neck. I tried to pull his hand away but that only made him tighten it more.

"I don't know whats going through your head but don't forget who you belong to. What you tryna do? Turn your place into a hoe house since your little friend is here? Not happening. This is the exact reason why I don't like your friends. She get here and all of a sudden you want to ignore a nigga."

"Please." I gasped for air

He let me go and I slid to the floor, coughing, trying to catch my breath.

"You need to leave." I stood up "I'm tired of this! You can't control me."

"You said what?" He walked back down the hall

"Get out. I don't want you here. I'm done."

"I guess you didn't hear what the fuck I just said. Don't test me. I'm really not trying to go there with you but you pushing it."

Our attention got directed to the door as Riley walked in. She must've forgotten something. I quickly walked into the bathroom and locked the door. Tears ran down my face as I looked at myself in the mirror. I stepped into the shower and washed myself. Once I was done. I sat in the bathroom for over an hour. I finally got dressed and went into the kitchen.

I grabbed my food out of the bag and warmed it up. I searched the fridge for a cold water.

"You took a long shower."