Chapter 49

Lauren

"What time is your appointment today?" Jay asked as he walked into the bedroom.

"It's at 12:15."

He walked over and rubbed my stomach. It poked out slightly.

"My baby having another one of my babies. How did I get so lucky." He looked at me through the mirror.

"You? No, how did I get so lucky."

He looked at his watch. "We should get going. You know how traffic is."

"Yea. I just have to put my shoes on."

"Sit down. I'll put them on for you."

"I got it."

"I didn't ask if you had it. I said sit down."

"Well excuse me." I sat down on the bed

45 minutes later

I laid back on the table and waited for the nurse to come back into the room.

"I'm ready to see my baby." Jay held my hand

"I apologize about that." The nurse came back. "Let's get started." She dimmed the lights.

I pulled my shirt up and she squeezed the cold gel onto my stomach. She searched for a moment and the sound of a heartbeat filled the room.

"That is your baby's heartbeat." She smiled. "Nice and strong."

I looked over at Jay and he had the biggest smile on his face.

"Now let's see if we can get a few good pictures."

Jay and I watched the screen. The nurse took about six pictures for us. Jay held his phone up and quickly snapped a picture. I'm guessing he sent it to his parents.

She wiped the gel off and handed me the pictures

"So, you are 13 weeks and 2 days to be exact. When you come back for your 18 week check up, you can find out the gender. Do you have any questions?"

"No." I answered and Jay shook his head.

The nurse left and he helped me off of the table. We walked through the office and out to the car.

"So I'm finally going to do some wedding planning today." I buckled my seat belt

"That's good babe. Who's helping?"

"Amber and Riley. I have no idea where to begin."

"Well you have plenty of time to get everything together. And if you need my help, just let me know."

"You could go cake shopping with me."

"Cool. I love cake."

"Can you drop me off at Riley's apartment? We are meeting there."

"No problem." He reached over and grabbed my hand.

We listened to the radio and I looked out the window.

"I'm taking Lyric on a daddy-daughter date today."

"Awww." I cooed "She'll love that."

"I'll be back to pick you up later." He leaned over and pecked my lips a couple times before I got out the car

"I love you!" He yelled as I walked to the building

"I love you too!" I smiled and waved

Knocking on Riley's door, Amber answered it.

"Hey girl" she hugged me

"Hey." I walked inside.

"So, I have magazines and everything for us to look at." Riley dropped a huge stack of magazines on the table. "Have you picked an accent color?"

"Red." I sat on the chair and grabbed a book

"Listen, forget all of that. Whats up with your bachelorette party?" Amber spoke. "I'm trying to see some niggas."

I laughed and shook my head

I laughed and shook my head. "You're a mess."

"I'm just saying. It's going to be your last night as a single woman. You have to turn up. It will be a sober turn up since you're pregnant but still."

"But she ain't single." Riley looked confused

"She is to me. If you don't have a ring on your finger, you single. I didn't let none of these niggas claim me. Aint no ring on my finger? Oh, you don't get the privilege of claiming me. That's just how I think though." Amber shrugged

"I guess that's logical." Riley agreed

"So what type of party do you have in mind?" I looked at Amber

A sly smirk crept onto her face. "You know the movie Chocolate City?"

I nodded

"I'm trying to have that times ten."

"Oh lord. And who supposed to come? You know ya'll two are my only friends."

"That's the beauty of the situation. All those niggas just for us! Dicks as far as the eye can see."

I looked at Riley and our eyes met then we busted out laughing.

"You are crazy. You know that right." Riley continued to laugh

"Correction. I am the life of the party."

"Ok ok. Come on now, let's get serious. Planning a wedding takes alot and I want everything to be perfect so we need to start now."

"So where do you want to have this wedding? Here in Georgia or do you want a destination wedding?" Riley asked

"That's a good question. I didn't even think about that."

"I say destination. Somewhere exotic like Jamaica or Bora Bora." Amber commented

"Oooo. Bora Bora is beautiful. So is Maldives." Riley added

"Yea that's nice and all but how is everyone supposed to get there? We aren't paying for everyone's ticket and hotel room."

"That's true." Amber agreed

We continued to talk about locations for the next hour. We moved on to dress types as we looked through the magazines. There's so many and they look so nice. I can't wait to actually try them on.