Chapter 48

Lauren

I opened the front door and Riley stood there, holding her daughter's carseat.

"Ooooo. Auntie's baby." I grabbed the seat and walked to the living.

"Yea, nice to see you too. I'm doing fine." Riley sarcastically spoke and closed the door.

"Stop it." I laughed. "I'm just excited to see my baby."

"Yea, yea. Where's Lyric?"

"She's with Jay's mom."

Riley nodded. "Well. Let's not waste time. Here." She handed me the Walgreens bag

I grabbed it and walked into the hall bathroom. I've been holding my pee all morning just to take this test. I opened the box and pulled one of the tests out.

Once I was finished I sat the test on the counter and washed my hands. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Another long 2 minutes.

I stepped out of the bathroom and sat on the couch in the living room.

"You nervous?"

I nodded

"I don't know why. Jayceon is an amazing guy. And he spoils you and Lyric. You really got a good one."

"I know, I know. Its just crazy. I never would of thought I would be where I am now."

"Things in life can be unexpected. I feel like you've found your soulmate though. I've never seen you this happy. He got you showing out, walking around half naked all the time." We both laughed.

"Thank you for always being there for me though. I really appreciate it."

"Of course ima be here." She looked down at her phone. "It's been two minutes."

"Go look for me. I'm scared."

Riley laughed and shook her head before walking to the bathroom. She walked back with the test in her hand and sad look on her face.

"Im not?"

"I'm just playing. You are! Im so excited!" She yelled and showed me the test. "See!"

I covered my mouth with my hand

I covered my mouth with my hand. I wanted to scream.

"I can't wait to tell Jay." I jumped up

"We have to plan a baby shower. Pick names. Decorate their room. Go baby shopping!" Riley excitedly spoke. "Congratulations!" She hugged me

"Thank you."

Riley looked down at her phone. "I hate to cut this moment short, but I have to go. I'm going to call you when I get home." She walked over and picked up the carseat. "Love you. Give Lyric kisses for me."