Chapter 24

Lauren

I sat in class, painting my assignment. I was dreading coming to class because Chris is in it but I haven't even been playing attention to him.

Once I was finished, I signed my name and sat my painting over on the drying table.

I watched as everyone exited the room once class was over

I watched as everyone exited the room once class was over. I threw my bag over my shoulder and approached Dr.B's desk.

"Excuse me, can I talk to you about something?" I asked

She placed the stack of papers down and looked up at me with a smile. "Sure, about what?"

"I wanted to know if I could switch classes? Maybe come to your second class instead of the first?"

A worried looked came across her face. "Whats wrong? Is everything ok?"

"Yes ma'am. I just would rather be in your second class."

"Aww Lauren, I love you and Christopher's  work together though."

I sighed. "I know, the art is great but our compatibility isn't."

"I understand. Well, usually you'd have to go down to Administration to see about a schedule change. But, since the semester is almost over, I'll just let you come to my second teaching. It's not a big deal since you're one of my best students."

"Thank you." I smiled before leaving.

I walked out of the building and spotted Riley talking to a basketball player. I approached them both as they talked.

"Hey Riley."

"Hey girl. Your class over already?"

"Yep."

"You're Lauren right?" The guy asked

I nodded

"Cool. I see you with Jay alot."

"That's her man." Riley commented

"Really." I hit her arm

He laughed "It's cool. Ya'll look good together. And anyone Jay approves of is cool with me. I have to go though. Nice meeting you Lauren. And Riley, hit me up later. You got my number." He walked off towards the library.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I came to turn in another form and as I was about to leave he stopped me."

"Cool." I walked over to a table and sat down

"I like it here so far and I haven't even officially started yet." Riley sat across from me.

"Yea. It's ok."

As we sat and talked, I saw Jayceon walking from the building.

"Jay!" Riley yelled, causing everyone to look in our direction