Chapter 38

Lauren

I quietly walked into the bathroom and watched Jay as he rubbed lotion on his body.

He was currently getting ready for graduation.

"You done creeping?" He looked at me through the mirror.

I laughed and walked behind him, placing my arms around him.

"You ready for today?"

"Yes ma'am. I'm finally done. I'm just glad I finished. What are you wearing?"

"I dont know." I sighed "I'm not sure if I want to take Lyric. What if she starts crying in the middle of the ceremony?"

"She'll be fine. You're going. My mom will be there with you."

"And that's another thing. I've never met your mother. I've only talked to her on the phone like twice. This is too much."

"Don't worry about all that, just get dressed. Everything will be ok."

"What if she doesn't like me?"

"You're perfect. You have nothing to worry about."

"I guess." I walked into my closet.

I grabbed a dress and heels and went into my bedroom. Lyric was already dressed and I combed her hair. I was halfway ready. My hair and makeup was finished, I just needed to put on my clothes. I slipped my dress on and carried my heels into the living room. I sat down and waited for Jay.

"You ready baby?" Jay walked from the back.

"Yeah." I nodded.

He picked up Lyric and we left the apartment. I drove to the campus and parked.

"Let me call and see where my mom is at." He got out of the car.

A few moments later a black Cadillac pulled beside my car.

"My baby!" His mother got out and embraced him tightly