Chapter 32

Lauren

I've been feeling bad all day. I went to the hospital earlier because fluid was coming out but they sent me right back home. I paced around the living room trying to ease the pain.

"You want some water? Ice?" Riley asked

"No."

I've been trying to reach Chris all day. I don't know what he's doing but he won't answer.

Chris

I passed the blunt to Red as I got up to get something from the kitchen.

"Aye nigga, somebody blowing yo shit up." Keeis yelled

"Yeah. I know."

"You ain't gon get it?" Mijo asked

"For what? I don't feel like being bothered."

"I think you should." Mijo handed me the phone

I ran my hand across my face before answering. "What?!"

"My water just broke and I wanted to let you know that I'm going to the hospital. Are you coming?"

"I'm a little preoccupied right now. When I get some time, I'll be there."

"Preoccupied? What the fuck are you doing."

"None of your business. I'll get there whenever I do. Until then, stop blowing up my phone. Damn." I hung up

Lauren

I tossed the phone onto the floor of the car. Im currently on my way to the hospital. I grabbed the seatbelt tightly as another contraction came.

Riley pulled into the hospital parking lot and rushed over to my side. She helped out of the car and helped me walk inside. Nurses rushed over and I was placed in a wheelchair. I was pushed into a room and was told to change into a hospital gown. I laid on the bed and the nurse began strapping and sticking different things onto me. Riley was the only person here with me. My mother is in Germany and I don't know what Chris is doing.

4 hours later

I bit the pillow and screamed as another strong contraction came.

"I can't do this." I rolled over to my other side and grabbed the railing.

The doctor walked in to check me. "Don't push."

"I can't help it."

"I need you to relax." He turned around and told the nurse to get the baby's station ready.

My body continued to involuntarily push as I laid on my side.

"I need you to hold it."

"I cant!" I yelled