0.5

Spencer’s P.O.V

A few days had gone past since Taco and I had last talked, face to face, but we had the casual text and phone calls here and there. So it was finally Saturday morning and I was woken by the sounds of sobbing. I had pulled myself out of bed and seen something I only rarely saw, Emily crying. Emily rarely cries. We had a sad movie marathon last Summer, watching movies like Titanic, My Sisters Keeper, Marley and Me.... And she only teared up in one of the movies. So if she was bawling her eyes out, something must of been wrong. I had raced over to her on the couch and pulled her into a tight hug.

“Hey, hey em. Everything is going to be alright.” I whispered. There was a pause. Emily slowly lifted her head up to look me in the eyes.

“Zac fucking cheated.” she struggled to get out. My eyes widened.

“Emily, come here.” I hinted, putting my arms out for a hug.

“Well Em, we do have that dinner tonight and I know what could make you feel better” I added.

“shopping?” she asked. I gave her that best friend look and she laughed.

“Now go have a shower and get ready! I need a new dress for tonight and it will take me years to pick one.” We both laughed. Emily ran down the hall and started having a shower. I got up from the couch to go get some breakfast and there was note on the fridge.

‘hey girls, sorry my sister has gone into labour in Melbourne. I’ve flow over for a couple of days and I should be home on Wednesday. The car keys are on the hook in the cupboard. - Aunty Bea’ 

The note made me smile and I continued to get myself some cornflakes until Emily was out of the shower. I went upstairs quickly showered and washed my hair. I got out and decided to pick something different to wear. I got my denim shorts which came just above my waist, pick up my justin timberlake tour shirt, as Em and I saw him in Melbourne, and tucked that into my shorts because it was a large, my thongs, put my glasses on my head and picked up my bag and headed out.  There she was again. Looking like a mess, emily was crying again.

“Emily! Please don’t cry. I know how much he meant to you but he was a dick who had nothing better to do with his pathetic life than to screw you over. Its his loss, your gain. You’re the one over here in Sydney with thousands of guys who would kill to talk to you and he’s stuck at home with the same old slutty girls who have no self respect.” I was so mad. I hated Zac. That wasn’t the first time he’s cheated on Emily.. 

“really?” she asked

“really.” I promised, wiping a tear from her eye. “Now lets go into Sydney and stop till we drop.” I could help but say sassily. Emily chuckled.

“Well, shopping is my middle name.” We both laughed as I helped her up from the couch. 

“Lets go Allen.” She got up and quickly got the car keys and off we went to Sydney Westfield Shopping Center. 

It was packed. So Emily and I went into the closest dress store we could find. As we stepped in, it was every girls dream dress store. It had every shade of every colour. All different shapes and sizes. Going from Ball gowns to casual dresses. They even sold heels, clutches and the jewelry. It was perfect. We were greeted by a young lady who was in a beautiful pale pink dress.

“Hi i’m anna, can I help you with anything today?” she asked us.

“Yes please! Im looking for---” Emily kept talking. I deiced to walk around the shop. So many beautiful dresses, but I couldn’t find one that popped out to me. After 30 minutes of searching high and low Emily called my name.