5.0

Spencer’s P.O.V

“The light” I muttered at the blowing blinds. “It burns my eyes!” Who’s stupid idea was it anyway to keep the window open last night? I’d might as well get my lazy ass out of bed anyways because I had be lying around for the past thirty minutes. I turned on my phone and sighed with disappointment. 

1pm already.

Okay so maybe I was lying around for more than an half an hour but Taco’s bed is a whole lot more snug than mine. On the bright side of this situation I had an un-read text message. 

‘Good morning babe, I didn’t want to wake you but i’m in until 7. Love you xx’

Ugh, Taco must of left 2 hours ago. I wasn’t bothered replying but I managed to get out of bed and relax myself in a warm shower for starters. I threw on some sport shorts and a flannie on the tank top. I twisted my hair into the bun and made my way to the kitchen.

After putting bread into the toaster and smothering it with vegemite, I lunched myself into the couch and turned on the tv. Of course sunrise was still on with their ‘special new years eve addition’.

With over 50 arrests in each state, Western Australia copped it the most with 175 arrests’ 

“Thats Perth ya Koshi” I rose my plate to the news presenter. They started talking about all the crap that I couldn’t be bothered listening too. I finished the soy tasting toast and put my dishes in the sink. I looked around his flat and it was a complete mess.

Well, kinda.

I let out a huge sigh to realise what I would be doing for the next few hours. Cleaning yay! 

Sarcasm by the way.

I ran back upstairs to grab my phone which had another text message.

‘Are you okay Spence?’

Gosh that boy had to stop worrying. I deiced to put Taco out of his misery and call him. He practically picked up on the second ring.

“Hey babe, how you feeling?” He rushed. Ever since what happened at the beach, he hasn’t stopped worrying. But its nice to know that he cares a lot for me.

“I’m fine Adrain. Just tired from last night” I spoke honestly before hearing his sigh of relief.

“Hey but you got to sleep in! Not fair” He whined, but I could hear him smirking at the end of the line.

“Don’t you have a job to get too?” I chuckled, changing the subject.

“Already on my lunch break with the Harrison at the bucket list” he paused after a few mumbles from his end. “Ello Spencer” I laughed at the tone that didn’t belong to Taco.

“Afternoon Harrison” I smiled. “Well the bucket list can’t beat my mean vegemite on toast.”

“Oh because you are the best cook ever” the clear sarcasm in his tone.

I couldn’t help myself but sniffle. “You’re making me cry with that attitude”

“Sowie Specie” He laughed in his baby voice.

“Yeah okay whatever. I’ll see you went you get home” 

“I loveee you babe”

“I only like people who like my cooking” I joked. I could picture him rolling his eyes with a smile plastered onto his face.

“Yeah okay whatever” He mocked and I laughed.

“I give in. Love you too” I lingered to press the end button but I had to. I placed my phone into the dock above the tv cabinet and slide down my play lists until I reached ‘guilty pleasure’