0.7

The smell of bacon and eggs filled bedroom. I inhaled the smell as a got out of the bed and made my way to the kitchen. There was Taco by the stove flipping some eggs in his uniform. My heart sunk a little because he had to go in today. I was leaning on the door frame just watching him, slowly closing my eyes because the smell was so soothing. I slowly fluttered my eyes open and saw Taco walking over with a small smile. I could legit swim in his dimples. He gave me a long hug.

“Morning Spence.” He whispered.

“Morning Taco.” We started holding hands. 

“I’m so sorry but I have to leave for work in an hour.” He said putting a fake frown on his face. “Buuuuut I made bacon and eggs.” I laughed. He walked me over to the island bench and I sat on a stool with my elbow on the bench and my the side of my face in my palm daydreaming.

“and one bacon and eggs cooked by the finest chef in all of Sydney, for the beautiful girl.” He said putting the plate down in front of me. He walked around and sat on the stool next to me.

“Why thank you Taco, they do smell amazing.” I got my knife and fork and cut a pice of egg and bacon and tasted it, chewing it slowly to embrace the goodness of the food. “Yes.” I swallowed. “This chef must be amazing.” I added, playing along.

“He sure is!” Taco laughed. We had finished up our breakfast and I was doing the dishes as Taco was getting his stuff together. I heard his footsteps and his arms slid around my waist. I smiled but continued washing.

“Can this chef take you out to dinner at the finest place he knows tonight?” he whispered into my ear.

“I would love that.” I dropped the dished back into the sink and turn around and looked into his deep dark eyes. Before I had known, our lips made contact again. This kiss was more slower. His hands were still around my waist, my arms around his neck. But I slightly pulled away.

“We have to go, or you’ll be late.” I whispered. Taco sighed.

“Well if I’m lucky, I might get another tonight?” he asked.

“Maybe” I teased giving him a wink. Taco took his hands away from my waist and passed me my dress and heels. 

“Please, do me a favour and wear the dress again one day.” I laughed as we walked out of  the door and into his car. We were driving as Led Zeppelin ‘Stairway to Heaven’ came on the radio. I loved this song. Quietly singing along to the peaceful beat.

“You like this song?” Taco asked

“Led Zeppelin? I love this song. It reminds me of my dad.” I looked down, reminding me of him.

“What happened to your dad if you don’t mind me asking?” He asked.

“Well, when I was 12 he was diagnosed with brain cancer and he died 3 years later.” I said getting teary.

“Spencer, I’m so sorry.” He said looking at me. “Loosing someone at 15 must of been horrible.”

“Its okay. This was our song. It was played at his funeral.” There was silence as I was listening to the song. “He would take Levi and I to the beach at 5 o’clock at night in summer to watch the sunset and this was playing.” I laughed while wiping a stray tear from my cheek. “He was such a funny person, so easy to get along with.”

“He did sound like a good guy.” Taco said back.

“Wait.” I gasped. “This is my favourite part!” 

“If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now,” I started to sing. Surprisingly Taco starting to sing along too. At the top of our lungs.

It's just a sprinkling for the May queen. Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run. There's still time to change the road you're on.

And it makes me wonder. “  

We just started laughing as we pulled up to my house. I got out, still wearing his shirt but no one was outside. He walked me to my door step and gave me a hug.

“He would be so proud of you Spence.” He said passing me my dress and heels.

“He’s rocking up there with Bonzo.” We laughed.

“I’ll see you at 7 then?” he asked.

“Seven.” I smiled giving Taco a kiss on the cheek. I waved at Taco as he left and walked inside. Into the kitchen I saw Emily making out with some boy in blue, he must of worked with Taco. I coughed to get their attention. 

“Shit Spencer.” Emily gasped. “Sorry, Um this is Bacon. He stayed the night last night.”

“Hi Bacon, Im Spencer.” I put my hand out for him to shake. “Do you work with Taco?”

“Haha yes. Nice to meet you Spencer.” he chuckled shaking my hand.

“Well I better get going now or Hoppo wont be happy. Are we still on for tonight?” he asked.

“Sure am.” She said walking him to the door and giving him one last kiss. I heard mutters and she walked back into the living room. I gave her this look.

“So, did my sister get lucky last night?” I asked poking her stomach making her laugh.

“Maybe.” She laughed. I sarcastically gasped. 

“Naughty girl.” I added shaking my pointer finger at her.

“Hey! You can’t talk. You slept at Taco’s.”

“Nothing happened though.” I added.

“Bull Shit. I saw the way you two were looking at each other last night.” 

“Well, it was about too, but then Jessica, his ex, called and left a message.”

“His EX?! No way! So close yet so far.” She laughed

“Yeah aha but I just slept in his bed, but nothing happened. But he’s taking me out to dinner tonight after work.”

“Bacon is just coming over here and were having a movie night. So take your time tonight.” She winked.

“Oh I will” I winked back.

Im sorry but nothing interesting happened in this chapter but Im wanting to build it up because I have a few things up my sleeve ;). And thank you for 150 reads :o 
Also that song is mine and my dads song :3