4.8

Spencer’s P.O.V

My heavy eyelids slowly started to flicker. The room was unlike my own. Bright, garden smelling which was full of flowers and that beeping sound that happens every second. Unlike my calm ways, I started to panic. Trying to move out of the wires that connected to my body.

“Spencer!” I heard a gasp, the illuminated lights made it difficult to see who it was, which caused me to freak out more. “shh honey, its alight” Emily whispered as she clasped onto my hand, rubbing circle on it while calming sounds.

Emily was here, where was Adrain? “Where’s Taco?” my weak tone matched the weakness in my body. 

“He’s never left your side Spencer, I told him to go home and rest up a few hours ago.” She smile, drained and worn tears on her cheeks. She took a deep breath before continuing. “I was putting my empty packet in the bin, when I came across this.” Letting go of my hand as she dug though her purse. A white crumpled envelope was in her hands and passed it into mine. ‘Spencer’ was carefully written on the front. “I’ll leave you for a moment” She excused herself out of the room whilst I opened up the letter with the shakiness of my hands.

Spencer,

It’s been eight days since I’ve seen the lively you. I miss the little things about you Spence. Your smile, laugh, your funny jokes, fangirling, your emerald green eyes I tend to get lost in, your touch, voice and the list could go on forever.

Jesus Christ Spencer, you’re scaring me. Doctor Coleman said that it could be anything from a one of seizure to something serious. I couldn’t bare to lose you Spence, you bring out the best in me everyday. I was so lost without you to guide me. Those years that you were gone, I felt like my other half had disappeared forever. I never felt the same thing I felt with you between any of the other girls and thats why I needed you in my life.

Spencer Hills, you are a fighter. You are the strongest person I know. You stand up for whats right and thats one of the many reasons why I do love you. Whatever this is, how big or small it may be, you will fight it. I know it Spencer, I just do.

I’ll love you for eternity.

Adrian.

Tears threatened to spill at those last words. ‘for eternity’. I brought the letter up to my chest and cried as I clenched onto it for dear life. 

I needed him right now.

As on cue, Emily and a Doctor walked into the room. Em took the seat next to mine and he stood in front of the bed.

“Hello Spencer, I’m Dr Coleman. It good to see you finally awake. How are you feeling?” He asked. I looked over to Emily then back at the doctor.

“Good” I muttered. His eyes periced though mine making me feel uneasy.

“Really?” He knew I was lying.

“Honestly, not so well. Still pain in the back of my head but thats about it. Just sleepy.” I spoke a little louder than before, letting out a sigh in the end. Dr Coleman’s body position changed to sit and the end of my bed. He too, let out a sigh.

“Your tests have come back in” he hesitated a little. “Have you heard of astrocytoma?” My jaw dropped because I knew that word all to well. I nodded my head, daring for him to go on. “ You are at stage two Spencer. You must under go surgery as soon as possible.” Jaw still open as I shook my head.

“No, this can’t... Just no” I refused for this to be happening.

“Spencer, you are only at grade two, if you left it any longer you may of been at three or even four. You are lucky” I reassured me, but didn’t help. “I’ll leave you two for a moment and we need to get you ready for surgery to remove the tissue.” he pause at the door to turn back to us. “Everything is going to be alright Spencer, trust me” he flashed a poor smile and left. I turned my head to Emily as she was still confused.

“Whats astrocytoma?” she asked. I was hesitant on answering, but it was best if she knew.

“Brain Cancer Emily, like Dad had” he face turned into shock as more tears spilt. “but I got in early so I’m fine” I tried cheering her up which wasn’t working. “But you have to promise me something important.” She nodded, still not being able to talk. “You can’t tell Taco a thing about this”

“How am I too explain the surgery?” She asked with a sore tone.

“You can tell him about that, but nothing about the cancer. I don’t want him to worry”

“You know this is serio- You ready Spencer?” Dr Coleman walked back in with a female nurse. 

“Sure am” I replied in a sarcastic tone which caused Emily to giggle. The nurse smiled and unhooked all of the stuff off my and helped me up. She took one of my arms so I could put my body weight onto her. 

The surgery should go all to plan right? What could go wrong?

A/N

Okay you have permission to cringe at this one sorry. Ilys xoxo

I promise romantic bits chapters soon! 

& thank you for the lovely comments/ votes last chapter. New names came up that I didn’t even know were reading! Thank you heaps :* xx