Chapter 20

"ARIEL!!" I cried the second she answered her phone. "Ariel I messed up."

"I know what you've done." Was her reply. She sounded really mad. "You've ran away with Geo haven't you?"

"Yes, I'm so sorry I miss-"

"Lucy, his parents are worried sick. And his sister is depressed. You both need to get here asap."

"That's what I was just about to say!" I gasped, tears rolling down my cheeks. "I don't know about Geo but.. I'm coming home."

There was silence for a second. I don't know if Ariel was just speechless or confused. "W-wait.." She stammered, "why just you?"

"Well, I was just about to say-"

"He's broken your heart hasn't he?"

I was about to tell her that she was correct but I just burst into tears. I should have listened to her, I knew that I was going to regret ignoring her advice. I knew I could have trusted her. I was an idiot to run away with Geo.

"Oh my god.." Ariel whispered, "Luc, how could he??"

"I mean, I could just be jealous but.. him and Loren did have a spark going on."

Ariel let out an annoyed sigh. "Ugh." She spat, "Loren."

I didn't say anything. Loren does seem really nice however she did say some horrible things about Ariel, some things that aren't easily forgiven. But that's Loren and Ariel's problem.

"She likes Geo, y'know." She sighed. "But guess what?"

"What?"

"The reason why I said he isn't good with relationships is because he left his last two girlfriends for Loren."

"B-but.." I didn't know what else to say. I was completely speechless. Don't tell me he's using me for Loren. "they didn't kiss or anything, I mean it could just be me."

Ariel let out a what seemed like sarcastic laugh or forced laugh. "Lucy, that's what the last two girls said to me."

Tears would not stop rolling down my cheeks this time. I just wanted to throw my phone in the bushes, collapse onto the floor and cry so hard that there's no tears left. I just wanted to run to Geo for reassurance, but the fact that I can't made me want to pull my hair out. Is this what heart break feels like? Because damn, this is the worst feeling I've ever felt.

"Come on." Ariel begged, "me and Mario need you."

"Honestly, I need you both more." I sighed, trying to control my tears which failed terribly.

"Forget him." Ariel ordered, sounding stern. "Forget him and Loren. Forget your parents, we'll make sure they wont take you away from us. Just forget everything, okay? We're helping you get over him."

Something about this I didn't trust. But I listened to her anyway.

Well there goes that "new life" Geo was telling me about.