/38/

Annie and Calum had been officially dating for a whole week now. It had been two, almost three since Annie recovered to this point. Either way, it was time for a celebration.

  But this time, they didn't want to celebrate with drunken kisses and hangover food. This time, Annie and Calum got in the car to go on a drive- only it was Annie's turn to drive.

  She was going to get her license renewed in a week or so (which she scheduled after Johanna brought it up), so Annie had to get some practice in. At practice, Calum had shared his idea of getting Annie a car of her own, which of course was met by Luke rolling his eyes unnoticed and Ashton pointing out how Calum was just Annie's sugar daddy. Then it was Calum's turn to roll his eyes.

  So now Annie was sitting in the drivers seat, with Calum in shotgun. They'd been driving around for nearly an hour when Calum decided to turn the radio on.

  He flipped through the stations until he got one with music, and some song by Ariana Grande came on. Skip. Justin Bieber was singing about some girl. Next. The next song came on, half way through, and Calum rolled his eyes and was about to skip it when Annie cried out "No! I love this one!"

  Calum snorted, trying not to smile. "Oh, come on Annie. Really?"

  She threw her head back laughing, and turned the radio up higher.

  "Let's get out. Let's get out." she sang, messing it up a bit. "Cause this deadbeats time only here just to keep us down."

  Calum shook his head, amused by Annie singing his lyrics.

  "While I was out. I found myself alone just thinking if I showed up with a plane ticket, and a shiny diamond ring with your name on it-"

  Calum was trying not to grin, pretending to be very above it while Annie sang along loudly.

  "Would you wanna run away too? Cause all I really want is you!"

  Then the bass dropped, and they both yelled out the words to the chorus.

  "You look so perfect standing there, in my American Apparel underwear, and I know now. That I'm so down."

Annie pulled over the car so she could play the air bass as Calum got really into the air drums. Calum Hood, from 5sos, had opted for the air drums instead of the air bass.

  Annie and Calum screamed out the heyyy, hey heys, and then froze for the next part.

  "You look so perfect standing there, in my American Apparel underwear," they sang lowly, along with the music in the background. "And I know now. That I'm so down."

  They bobbed their heads to the sound of the drums in the background, looking at each other with fake intensity written on their faces. "Your lipstick stain is a work of art, I got your name tattooed with an arrow heart, and I know now. That I'm so down!"

  They sang the song together, as if neither of them had ever heard of the artists. Who was 5 Seconds of Summer? They didn't know. At that moment, they only knew Calum, and Annie, and the song that had come on the radio.