/158/

Luke woke up to the sound of a gasp.
  Memories of last night streamed into his mind, his body pressed against Michael's, muted moans and open mouthed kisses, trying to keep the mattress from rocking against the wall. But this gasp wasn't one of pleasure, and it wasn't from Mikey.

  Blinking awake, Luke looked up, trying to see through the blinding light streaming in through the window. As his eyes adjusted, he realized who it was.

  "Hey mum," he said casually.

  Liz had her hand pressed against her heart, her mouth open in disbelief. "Lucus Robert Hemmings, do you want to explain why you have a boy in your bed?"

  Groaning, Luke sat up, careful to keep the covers up around his waist. He rubbed his eyes and looked over, to where Michael was laying cutely on his side, his head cradled perfectly on his hands. He was a vision of beauty, of perfection, of innocence.

  Yeah, right.

  Luke cleared his throat, coughing to try and get the grogginess out of his voice. His morning voice was especially intense today, maybe because of his exhausting flight yesterday... or maybe because his throat was a little sore anyways.

  Stupid Mikey.

  He coughed again, and looked at his mum obliviously. "What? It's just Mikey?"

  Her eyes flitted between the two of them, not quite believing him. "Then why are you both naked?" She said the last word quieter, like just the idea was indecent.

  Luke rolled his eyes. "We're both wearing pants. I'll get up now, thanks mum."

  Neither of them were wearing pants.

  She wasn't completely assured, but she nodded quickly anyways. "Fine. But Luke, if you were.... homosexual... you know, you could tell me. I'm sure we could find a great therapist, the church on the corner has a wonderful conversion therapy program, and-"

  "I'm not gay," Luke said, cutting her off. He rubbed his eyes again. It was too early for this.

  She pursed her lips, holding onto her elbows uncomfortably. "Okay, I believe you. But, if you want I can talk to Joy about the churches, if Calum wanted-"

  "Calum's not gay either," Luke groaned, flopping back on the bed. "Besides, he had a girlfriend, remember?"

  "But isn't she a beard?"

  Luke snorted without humor. "No, they're really dating."

  This seemed to appease Liz. "Well. If Michael here wants to go to the church, and just talk with them about it-"

  "I'll tell him," Luke lied. "But for the record, Michael's not gay either." He's bi.

  Liz scowled at the word. "Fine. Breakfast will be ready soon, you best wake him up." She looked at Michael skeptically. "He's wearing pants?"

  "Yes."

  With a frown, she shuffled away, before quickly coming back. "Oh, and Luke?"

  "Yes mum?"

  "Ben and Jack should be coming over later today. I'll need help cleaning the house."

  "Okay mum."

  Finally, finally, Liz left. She skittered away, leaving the door wide open. Groaning, Luke got out of bed and jogged over, closing and locking the door. He didn't know why he bothered locking it. The only person who would come into his room besides him was Liz, and she had a key. But it made him feel a little safer, like he might have something that's actually private.

  Yanking on a pair of boxers, he stumbled over to the bed, flopping onto it over Mikey.

  "You have something you want to tell me?" Mikey mumbled, his eyes still closed.

  Luke groaned again, squeezing his eyes shut. "Not really."

  "Really? No pamphlets, no link? Maybe you and I can skip down to that church on the corner, talk to them about fixing me?"

  Luke didn't want to have to deal with this. He was home; it was supposed to be relaxing, a safe haven. "You don't need conversion therapy."

  Michael opened his eyes, their hue and even brighter green than normal. "You're right. I'm not even gay," he mocked.

   Luke sighed slowly, feeling misreble. "Leave me alone."

  "You're not gay either, right? Isn't that what you told her?"

  "I actually hate you."

  Michael chuckled without humor. "You could just tell her, you know. Didn't you hear what she said? Liz would be happy to help you get help for your raging homosexuality."

  Luke smacked his arm lightly, not putting any force behind it. "I'm not gay," he repeated, as if trying to convince himself.

  Michael snorted. "Not what you were saying last night."

  "Can you actually fuck off?"

  Michael raised his hands up in surrender, still smirking. "Just saying."

  "I'm going to take a shower. You- get dressed, I think I smell breakfast."

  "Whatever, hetero."

  "I'm going to kill you."

  "Better make that shower fast, if you want to have time to help Liz clean for Ben and Jack."