Chapter 1

Bree's POV

"How may I help you sweetie?" the secretary had ask me.

"I'm a new student," I told her. "Today's my first day." Yep, you called it. A new school.

Moving is a tough thing to do, especially as you get older. I hate moving across the country, especially moving from my hometown in Florida.

I had the perfect life down there, spending it all the time with my mother and my best friend Nina. Nina's been my best friend since birth, like I can't even remember where we first met, but you know she's been with you forever.

She's honestly like a sister to me, and I even tried talking to my mom to take her with us up here. Sadly she couldn't, and our goodbyes were the toughest thing to go through. But texting and FaceTiming will always make up for it.

We apparently moved to California to 'get a new start on life' as to what my mom says. I don't know why she wants to go by that, cause my life was basically all in Florida.

Anyway, as you can tell, I just live with my mom. I don't have any siblings, all though I always tried asking my mom for a sister or brother. She never budged, since she always told me she wanted all her love for me.

I even asked her about my father, especially all the time when I was little. It seemed like she always tried to get around that question, but I do remember her telling me one time that he had died in an accident from something my mom never told me.

But I don't mind not having any of those figures in my life. My mom is basically my world, and I care for her so much. And I definitely know it's the same for me.

"What's you're name?" the secretary had asked me.

"Aubrey Hudson," I told her. She then started typing some things on her computer for a few moments, while I stood behind her desk a bit awkwardly.

"Ah yes, Miss Hudson," she started. "I have your name right here. I can print out your schedule and have some one show you around the school if you'd like."

Even though my mom and I toured this school a few days ago when we first moved up here, I still don't remember where everything is.

"That'd be great," I smiled a little, while she did also. As far as I know, the teachers at this school are okay to me. She then got up from her seat, and went somewhere in the office to get my schedule. A few moments later, I saw her come back with a few papers.

She started handing them to me as she said, "This here is your schedule and locker combination. I called a student over here who can show you around."

"Thank you," I smiled a little towards her.

Suddenly, I heard the door open from behind me. I turned around to seeing a girl almost like my age, walking slowly closer over to us. She was a little short, and had dark eyes. She also had long hair, with steaks of blue and purple in it. Her style seemed to be wearing some band shirt, which was one of my favorite bands.

"Oh yes! This is Jade," the secretary said. "She can show you around the school, if that's okay?"

"Yeah," she replied.

"Well have a nice first day Miss Hudson!" the secretary said a bit too perky. I waved and thanked her before leaving the office, and the girl apparently named Jade, is showing me around.

We started walking down the hallway, which was a little silent between us. "I'm Jade by the way," she started.

"I'm Aubrey, but most people call me Bree for short," I smiled a little. "I love your shirt. Panic is life," I giggled a little.