Chapter 30

It was now finally the weekend, where I was hopefully drama free. I was getting so much stress from everything... From the breakup with Ethan, to Bradley and her getting into my business, and to even Grayson with what I may feel for him...

I decided on ignoring all of them, especially Ethan and Grayson. I still avoided Ethan because I'm still not sure about him... I'm kinda starting to see that I feel bad for him knowing how he's going through all of this. But I'm still not sure about it.

As for Grayson, I tried avoiding him also. Mainly because ever since I'm around him now, I get that butterfly and nervous feeling, meaning that I do like him like that... I kinda feel bad for him too cause he doesn't know the reason why I'm trying to avoid him and stuff.

Anyways, I finally decided on heading over towards the park near my house, just to clear up all my thoughts. I started walking there with my headphones in, blasting some of Selena Gomez's song through my ears.

After listening to a few more songs, I ended up at the edge of the park, where I noticed it to be really familiar to me. The place where Ethan and I became a couple...

I sighed as I started walking down the trail that led down near the lake. I even started walking down some more, where I found a huge familiar tree also. It was where Ethan had carved our initials into the tree, along with the date we started dating.

I then began to search for a small tree branch, and I began to carve and cross out our initials and the date. It was then finally a random spot on the tree where it was carved.

I sighed once again at what I did, and I began to think about Ethan. I know it's been a somewhat long time since we've broken up, but I'm still angry about what he did to me, which a reason why I don't really wanna get back together with him...

But yet, what Grayson has told me about what he's been going through, it seems pretty bad. Grayson's told me that he's taking it pretty hard, and that he doesn't even wanna show up to school anymore to face me.

Just from that, it already sounds pretty rough, which is starting to make me feel bad for him... He's been desperately asking me to start over with him, which I have been denying.

He's even asked me a bunch of times to start over as friends, where I'm kinda considering it... Mainly because I still care about him, and I don't wanna put him in a bad state, especially between us.

I finally decided on climbing up the tree, struggling a little bit, but I finally managed to get up there. I then started to sit on the branches, looking out towards the lake.

I instantly began I get those memories of Ethan and I when we were together, mostly when we were here. It made me a little emotional I had to admit, but I can't be thinking about all of them like that.

With all my thinking, I began to notice a couple people walking by on the trail the led down the park. It was pretty far away from me, but I was still able to hear what they were saying.

As their voices were getting closer, I finally noticed who they were, which was Ethan and Grayson themselves. I tensed up a bit, because I don't want them to see me at all. But the tree I'm in is filled with a bunch of leaves and branches, so I doubt they'd see me.

I even turned my music off to hear what they're talking about. I know, eavesdropping much... But I can't help it.

"I was so fucking stupid to hurt her like that," Ethan said to Gray, and I instantly knew what they're talking about. "I thought it was the right thing to do, but it wasn't. It's even worse because it was with Bradley..."

"I know E... I know," Grayson said to him, and I could tell he was getting annoyed about hearing that. I couldn't imagine how much Ethan is always ranting about what he did to his brother when I'm not around them.