Chapter 51

"So I guess this is goodbye?" I told my birth mom as I gave her a very long lasting hug. I guess today is finally the day, since I finally felt ready to go back home to LA a few days ago.

I was pretty emotional I had to admit, since I won't be seeing my birth mom for a while probably. I know I've spent a lot of time here with her, but I still wanna spend some more time.

But yet, I've been here for quite enough, and I have some unfinished business left back home in LA that I need to deal with.

My birth mom hugged me a little tighter in the hug, as she replied, "It's not a goodbye," she told me. "It's a see you soon."

We soon pulled away from each other, just trying to give a real smile towards each other. "It still feels like you just got here," she added, and I could tell she was a little emotional herself.

"I know," I told her a little saddened. But suddenly, the thought had soon came to me. "What if you come home with me to LA!?" I asked her a bit eagerly.

"Honey, I don't know," she told me, and I felt a little down at her response. "San Diego is my home," she said. "But you can always visit me down here."

She then gave a sympathetic smile, which caused me to do the same. Even if she can't come, I could at least have the hope of meeting her soon again.

"I guess I'll be planning a lot more visits down here then," I smiled, and she did the same. We only small talked for a little bit more, until we've realized that I have to get going soon, since I have a two hour ride to look forward to.

My birth mom gave me one last, big hug before she let go of me. "I'll see you very soon my angel," she whispered. We then soon pulled away, and I didn't say anything, but give her a big promising smile.

Soon enough, we had both finished saying our final goodbyes. We each gave another smile before I headed off to Grayson's car that was parked on the side of the road.

I was soon greeted by Grayson who was sitting in the drivers seat, and I began to put my seatbelt on. All of my clothes and belongings were all packed up, and I was soon ready to leave.

Grayson started to drive off, as I began to wave my last goodbye to my birth mom, who was standing in front of her house. But soon enough, we were already on our way.

As he began driving, I did feel like I was about to let out some tears. But I tried to stay strong, and hold all of them in. "It must be hard to say goodbye to her so soon," I heard Grayson tell me, and I glanced towards him.

"Yeah," I sighed. It was a little silent for a few moments, and only the radio was playing lightly in the background.

"I think I know a way to fix how you're feeling," he told me. I looked towards him a little confused, and he gave me a slight smirk as he glanced over towards me.

"And what's that?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"A surprise," he said with a smirk once again. I then let out a groan. "You and your damn surprises," I laughed, and so did he. "The last surprise you gave me ended up with a tattoo on my body that's gunna stay there forever."

"And you don't regret it, do you?" he asked me, and I shook my head. "No, of course not! I love it so much," I defended. "I'm just saying that the last surprise was a bit risky."

"Well don't worry, this surprise isn't risky," he stated. "Unless you call meeting a person risky, then you don't need to worry."

I then sat there staring out into the road just thinking about what he means. I guess this surprise is that I'm meeting someone, and I had no clue who it would be. It also got me really thinking of who it is, and that's what I literally thought the whole rest of the ride.