Chapter 20

After a few weeks have flown by, Ethan and I's relationship has been getting more serious, which I adore. Grayson and I have been getting along pretty good also, but he did have his moments when I saw him the other way around.

Anyways, it was another boring school day today. I had my English class last period today, and my teacher was telling our class that we have to write a paper about our childhood.

Writing wasn't really my thing, but I know what I love to write about is myself. Call me cocky about it, but I bet everyone is like this at some points.

The paper was due in a couple of days, but since I'm not that big on writing, I decided to head home and start it.

I quickly gathered my things, and I even went to my locker to grab my stuff. I was then walking back to my home with my earbuds in my ears blasting my favorite type of music.

The walk was about less than 10 minutes, and I unlocked my door to my home, turning my music off. I was then greeted by my mom in the kitchen, who was sitting on the island on her laptop.

"Hey sweetie, how was school?" she asked me, bringing her attention away from her laptop. I then went over to her, giving her a hug and a kiss on her cheek.

"It was good," I replied with a little smile, as she did the same. "But in my English class, we have to write a paper about our childhood."

"Oh, really?" she said. "That sounds interesting."

"Yeah, so is there like any stuff that I could use that can help me write about it?" I asked her.

"What, your brain isn't good enough on your memory?" she joked, and we both laughed.

"I don't know, I just wanted to see if there was other stuff around the house that I can add to write about it," I explained.

"I know, I'm just kidding around with you honey," she laughed. "But I think there's a box in my closet bedroom with some pictures and awards all about you if that can help."

"Thanks mom," I smiled, and she did also as I started rushing to her room. As I made it to her room, I went over to her closet, opening it and putting my school bag right next to me.

I then started rummaging through her closet without making a mess, but that obviously failed. After a few moments of searching through her things, I finally found a box in her closet.

It was a dark colored box, labeled with my name, 'Aubrey Marie Hudson'. I then pulled it out under some stuff, resting it on my lap.

As I started opening it, I found something unexpected in here, which made my heart sink. I even heard my mom calling for me. "Bree wait! Let me help you look for it," I heard her say.

She was then in the room, and I even felt her come close to me by my side. I looked at her as she was staring at me helplessly, as I gave her a sad, but shocked look.

Adoption papers, and a bunch of other forms of me being given up were filled in this box. It was all about me, and I knew just from looking at it for a second, I was already feeling hopelessly confused.

"Aubrey, let me just explain everything to you," I heard my mom say, taking a breath.

I gave a quick glance at the papers, which was showing my adoption from my mom, and it showed a few names of a couple other people.

Names that I couldn't even recognize. But I even noticed that my last name was totally different from what it is right now. It also showed that I was never even born in Florida either.