Chapter 24

It was really nice visiting my birth mother over the weekend. I told my mom back home about everything that happened, and she seemed excited for me. I guess she was happy that that moment finally happened with me and my birth mother.

It's been a couple days since I visited her, and I miss her already. We've been calling each other nonstop since then, just to keep in touch.

I just felt really attached to her once I met her, and I just wanna spend more time with her. Unlike last time, because we had to leave early for school the next day.

It was now another normal day of school, and I was in my English class. My teacher went over a boring lesson, and wanted us to do a worksheet.

But since I wasn't really paying attention, I wasn't doing any of it. Mainly since I have a short attention span some of the time...

I was just staring out into space until I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I checked to make sure the teacher wasn't looking out the class, and he was just sitting at the desk staring at his computer.

I then quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket, hiding it under the desk and between my legs as I crossed it. I then noticed that I had gotten a missed call from my birth mother, and she sent me a text to give her a call when I can.

I then put it back in my pocket, getting up and heading towards the teachers desk. I then began to ask, "May I use the bathroom please?"

He then raised an eyebrow saying, "So you can go on your phone instead of trying to hide it at your desk?"

I then looked at him surprised, wondering how he saw me on my phone for literally two seconds, when his eyes were glued to his computer.

I swear some of the teachers at this school can act so arrogant sometimes...

"I'll write you a pass. But next time I see it, it's going to the main office," he said a bit sternly. I sighed a bit of relief to myself, and I even gave an eye roll as he was writing my pass.

Once he finished writing it, I mumbled a 'thank you' as I was heading out of the classroom. I was then making my way down the school hallway, heading towards the girls bathroom.

I then checked to make sure no one was in here, and thankfully it was empty. I then took out my phone, and began dialing my birth mothers number.

It started to ring, and after a couple rings, I heard her voice on the other line, and I felt myself get a bit excited to talk to her. "Hi Aubrey, how's my beautiful daughter doing?"

I smiled at her compliment, replying, "Great, especially now since I get to talk to you."

I heard her laugh on the other line, and I smiled even more. "That's sweet. I wanted to talk to you, but I then realized that you might be in school," she said.

"I am in school, but I'm in the bathroom right now, so it's all good," I giggled, and so did she.

"Oh, just make sure you don't get caught. Don't want you getting in trouble because of me," she told me. I smiled even more, realizing that she really cares for me.

"I actually did just a few minutes ago for checking my phone... But he gave me a warning and gave me a pass to the bathroom," I told her.

"Wow, teachers aren't that slick anymore these days," she replied. "They seem a lot more stricter now."

"Yep, they are alright," I said rolling my eyes, because it's true. We then started talking some more about random things.

But during us talking, I felt like I heard the door opening and closing. I even checked to see who came into the bathroom, but I saw no one there. It must have been my imagination then.