Chapter 7

That moment I had between Ethan was honestly something. That moment he kissed my cheek was all I thought about all weekend. I know it's just a kiss on the cheek, but I really felt something as our skin touched.

It also now another school day, and I haven't seen him at all since that day. I even didn't have math today, so that's another reason why I didn't see him either.

I was currently walking around the cafeteria, trying to find a seat to sit at. I didn't have anyone at this lunch to sit with, mainly since I couldn't find anyone I knew.

Once I found an empty table, I sat in a chair with my bag in front of me on the table, and I started to sneak my phone through my bag.

I started texting Nina back home, and we started talking about random things. We always tried keeping in contact with each other since we can't really see each other anymore.

I really do miss her, since she's basically like the sister I never had. I then started thinking about all the memories we had together before.

It was until I found someone walking closer near me. I looked up to seeing Ethan finding me, of course.

I flashed a nervous smile, trying to hide the fact about how I'm feeling inside. I started to get that feeling how I always feel around him, and you probably know what I mean.

"Hey Ethan," I tried saying in a normal tone. It's just hard to face him ever since what happened over the weekend.

"Sup Bree," he replied with that charming smile of his. "Why you sitting here alone?"

"I don't have any friends at this lunch," I shrugged.

"Woah, so we're not friends anymore Bree?" he gasped sarcastically, putting his hand over his heart. I giggled. "I thought what we had was a true friendship."

I giggled once again. "Of course it is Ethan," I giggled. "I never knew you were in it all this time."

"Guess you need to get your eyes checked," he chucked, and I laughed. "Come sit with me and my friends, I don't want you sitting alone."

I nodded, not knowing what to say after how I feel about him. I picked up my bag, following him to his table.

Once we pulled up to his table, I found Grayson there and a few of their friend whom they hang with in the morning.

Ethan sat in a seat, and he gestured me towards the empty one right next to him. I gladly sat down, and everyone at the table started greeting me.

"So you guys remember Bree?" Ethan asked the table.

"Yeah," most of them were saying.

"You're the one who roasted Bradley good the other day," one called out. I laughed, remembering that day.

I noticed Ethan next to me laughing, and we even smiled towards each other. But I even noticed Grayson acting quiet, but I felt like he kept staring at me. Weird.

"What about me?" I heard a familiar voice say, and everyone's eyes turned towards Bradley walking closer to our table.

Bradley had her arms crossed, and an eyebrow raised. She of course wore that same facial expression of hers.

Everyone at the table just rolled their eyes, and turned back to their friends to talk. I would do the same, but I have a feeling about how Bradley's gunna react to seeing me.

Once her eyes traveled towards me, and had that evil smirk of hers. "Oh look who it is," she said. She then walked closer, trying to get into the empty seat between two people.

But since those two people at our table were sitting close, Bradley had some trouble trying to sit in the empty seat, and she almost fell.

A few people around the table tried hiding their laughs, and I noticed Bradley rolling her eyes. I even laughed at little, and she wouldn't keep her eyes off of me once she noticed.

"Guess you slept on the wrong side of the bed, huh?" I joked, and I laughed a little. Everyone at the table started laughing, even Ethan and Grayson.

"Oh please," she said rolling her eyes once again, and fixing herself to sit right in the chair.

Once she did, everyone else started to simmer down their laughing and turn back to their other conversations.

"So what brings you to this table anyway?" Bradley asked me. "You trying to kiss up to the popular kids to get your place in this school, instead of being known as those losers?"

"Bradley, just stop," Ethan told her sternly.

I turned towards Ethan saying, "No Ethan, let her just speak about this. It's the only way she can keep her reputation in this school if she keeps talking like this to other people."

I turned towards Bradley after I said that, and she didn't say anything. "Okay, go on. Keep ranting about how 'I'm kissing up to the popular kids'," I told her, almost smirking at my response.

"Well, it just seems like you are from how you're friends with that Jade girl," she told me. "You won't get anywhere while trying to get past what people in this school think of you already."

"Neither will you with that attitude," I fired back, earning some compliments from others around this table.

She looked angry after that, getting another eye roll from her. "And your eye rolling too," I added. "I wonder how much longer your eye balls will stay in until they fall out."

More people around the table started laughing and complimenting me, and I just sat there with a smirk across my face. Grayson was even laughing, and so was Ethan.

"Shut up!" Bradley said with her voice a little louder, looking angry as ever. Everyone at the table stopped laughing and turned back around.

"If you're really looking to insult me, at least do it a little more suitable for yourself," she said irritated. She then got up from her seat, walking away from our table.

"Thank goodness, she's gone," someone at this table said, and everyone around the table started complimenting me once again. I was never used to this kind of attention.

"You're one for standing up to Bradley," one person said, and more kept on coming. I started to talk to them all about it.

"It's so cool about how you're standing up for yourself," Ethan told me. "I like that about you."

I looked down, feeling myself blush. I looked up to seeing him smile towards me. I even got those butterflies like always.

"About what Bradley's saying, I don't think that I'm just kissing up to the popular kids because they like me," I told him, and I saw how focused he was into me. "They like me for how I'm standing up to Bradley."

"That's true," Ethan told me. "That's totally true, Bree. All of what Bradley is saying is fake, and she's just saying that fake stuff she she can be on the top."

"Well, I'm not looking to be on the top of the social status in this school," I told him. "I actually want people to like me for who I actually am."

"And that's also true," Ethan told me. "They all like you for how you really are, and that's mostly how you stand up to Bradley."

I saw him give an assuring smile afterwards, and it caused me to give out a real smile of mine.

It seems like I always act and feel like this around Ethan, and it just makes those feelings grow even a bit more.