Chapter 40

I've been feeling paranoid basically the whole day because of what Bradley said to me this morning... 'Watch out for later' was all that went through my head all day, and it got me more nervous by the second.

I tried to believe Grayson's words on how everything will be okay, which I did believe, but I still know something wrong will happen knowing Bradley. I haven't seen him almost all day because we don't have much classes together, but I did see Ethan in my math class today, and I told him all about it and how I'm feeling.

He told me basically the same thing, that nothing that bad will happen. But I still doubt it... I even told him that I felt scared for it, and he also tried comforting me. We even had lunch right after that class, so he even tried comforting me the whole way to lunch. I love how he's trying to help me and everything, but I kinda feel like it's not working...

Once we made it to the cafeteria, we then started searching for the table Grayson was sitting at with their friends. He had a huge smile on his face to see me once we finally showed up, but it started to turn into a frown once he saw me.

He looked pretty concerned, and he even rushed over to me. Ethan and I stopped in our tracks as Grayson grabbed the both of my hands, and asked, "Baby, what's wrong? Is it because of earlier?"

I tired so much not to show that I was feeling nervous and freaked out inside, but I'm happy that Grayson really noticed it. I slowly nodded my head 'yes', staring into his eyes.

"Don't worry, please. I promise you that you and me both can handle her," he told me, and he even kissed the top of my head. He stared right into my eyes once again after that, and he provided an assuring smile, that caused me to smile a bit.

"I'm standing right here," I heard Ethan say, and we both saw him crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, and Ethan too," Grayson added with a smile chuckle, and the rest of us laughed. My nervousness started to slightly go away after that, and we both went over to the table to sit.

I sat right in between Ethan and Grayson, and I held onto Grayson's hand the whole time, which made me feel safe. We all started talking to each other, which brought my thoughts away from Bradley.

We all started to talk about prom, which really took my mind off of it. Everyone started to complain about how some of them don't have dates, and how others are having trouble about what they're gunna wear to it. I know some people are big about prom, but I honestly don't care about it that much. I could care less about getting a dress last minute for all I care. But it was still funny listening to their friends stories about it.

It was until everyone's voices started to simmer down, and look towards a certain direction. I did the same, and I ended up finding my worst nightmare right by our table.

My smile started to fade away once I found Bradley standing right by our table, and I noticed her making her eyes towards mine. I started to feel my heart race a bit faster seeing her presence, and I even felt Grayson hold my hand a little tighter. "Hey guys! Mind if I join?" she asked with a preppy smile.

"Yes, we do mind," one of their friends called out to her. I saw her roll her eyes, and say something else. "All the other seats are taken, so it looks like I'm stuck with you guys," she shrugged with a fake smile.

I really want to tell her off, but I couldn't with what I'm feeling inside. For some reason since this morning, something inside me just switched. It's like I'm afraid of Bradley and what she's gunna do, and I usually never feel like this.

She then started looking for a chair, but there were none at our table, and no chairs around us. "There's no seat for you here Bradley, so just leave," Ethan said to her with a bit of attitude.