Chapter 18

Ethan's POV

Call me overdramatic, but I do admit that I was jealous seeing Bree and Grayson acting all friendly with one another.

From the start when I met Bree, I knew she never really got along with Grayson. When we started dating, and even when we were friends, she did admit to me that she never really like him either.

She always seemed annoyed of him, and I wouldn't blame her. But this is Bree we're talking about, so it's the other way around.

And now all of the sudden, they are both acting like they've been buddies for years. I don't understand why, and I even tried asking Bree. She said it's cause of a volleyball game she had with Gray, but still.

There's gotta be something behind it. I obviously know that Grayson has feelings for her, but what if it rubbed onto her?

No, Ethan. I can't be thinking like this.

I can't think that my girlfriend would have feelings for my own brother. And I know Bree too well, so she can't fall for him.

Bree and Grayson kept on talking about their volleyball game at lunch during their gym class today, and they would not shut up about it at all.

Like I said, they've been talking to each other and making jokes about it between them all lunch, just like they're best friends.

They never really paid attention to me, especially Bree. She did give me a few smiles, kisses on the cheek, and a few laughs here and there when I tried talking to her.

But she then brought her attention back to Gray, which got on my nerves. I hate feeling like this, especially for a girl like Bree, someone I truly have feelings for.

I tried not to show my emotions when I brought Bree to her class after that lunch had ended. I even went to my class, thinking about what happened during that lunch.

I could not stop thinking about it the whole day ever since, that I felt like I had to tell Grayson about it.

Once the school day was finally over, Grayson and I drove home. He tried starting some conversation, but I just tried ignoring him and denying all of it.

It was pretty silent during the ride, and we soon made it home after a day of an insane amount of questions and paranoia about you know what.

"What's up with you?" Grayson asked me as he dropped his bag on the floor, interrupting my thoughts. "You ignored me the whole ride."

"Wouldn't you know?" I snapped, throwing my bag on the ground. I tried walking away from this conversation, but it obviously didn't work.

"What's going on E? You can tell me dude," Grayson said, standing right in front of me.

"It's stupid and pointless," I said, trying to get past him.

But he stopped me, replying, "Come on, tell me. What's going on with you?"

"It's you and Bree for god sakes!" I shouted, letting all my anger out.

"Me and Bree?" he questioned. "What happened about us to get you mad?"

"You're so clueless Gray!" I shouted once again. "It was you two at lunch! Bree ignored me the whole time, and had all her eyes on you."

"She didn't ignore you," he defended.

"Oh yes she did," I backed up. "She would not stop talking about you two in gym today. You were all she talked about, and she barely gave any attention to me. When she did, it was nothing that probably didn't mean anything to her. She was all on you."

Grayson didn't say anything for the next couple moments, and we just stared at each other in terrible silence. I then spoke up, breaking the silence.

"This is so fucking stupid," I said shaking my head, and clenching my fists trying to walk away.

"No Ethan, wait," Grayson called for me. I stopped dead in my tracks, hoping something good might come out of his mouth.

I turned around, facing him with my arms crossed. He looked helpless, while I stood there angrily and stressed, waiting for a response.

"Don't think like that E. Of course you mean everything to Bree, I can tell," he started, walking closer towards me. "She doesn't even like me bro, I can tell you that since it's pretty obvious."

"I don't know, but maybe I just tried something new to have her on my good side. Even if we act like that, I would only see her as a friend, and same for her cause you both have each other," he explained.

"Even if I do like her, I would never go after her if you two are together, and I doubt she would too," he told me. "Who knows, today she treated me nicely, but tomorrow she'll treat me like shit. Don't take things the wrong way bro."

His words actually made me think of this situation differently. He's right though, cause they might just wanna be friends.

I can't think like that, cause I take his word for not going after her since we're together, and I can tell he's right because he has never done that since Bree and I had gotten together.

I can't let any of this get in the way of Bree and I's relationship. She means everything to me, and I bet it's the same for her.

She probably didn't even mean to not notice me at all at lunch. I shouldn't worry about any of this.

"You're right Gray," I said, letting out a sigh. "I just don't wanna ruin up this relationship with her, cause I really like her."

"I know I've treated you bad cause you like her, and I'm sorry about that. I just never wanted you to get in our way," I said to him. "But you're not, and I just got paranoid about it."

"I just have all these feelings for her, like I've never felt before. I just don't wanna screw this shit up over something dumb," I told him.

"You won't screw it up Ethan," Grayson assured me. "You got this. Nothing, like me, won't get in your way, I promise you."

I looked into his trusting eyes, seeing that his words are true. I smiled a little, and I soon saw him do the same. Grayson may get on my nerves sometimes, but I'm always glad to have his back during times like this.

Grayson's POV

I did feel pretty bad for Ethan at this point. He knows that I have feelings for his girl, and he thought that today between me and Bree were about it.

It is I have to admit, cause I did see that nicer side of Bree when she talks to me. But yet, he's my brother, and I don't wanna go after his girl.

I can tell he really likes Bree, cause that's all he tells me. I do get jealous, but I still love to help my brother out about it.

He even stresses about him in his relationship with her, and even asks me for help about it. I feel bad, cause he's trying his best, and he really likes her.

But today, that's when it really hit me. He seemed angry and stressed about what happened at lunch today. Bree really didn't stop talking to me today, and didn't give any attention to Ethan.

I know she doesn't really mean anything when she was talking to me, but I do know she still feels a lot for Ethan.

I pretty much promised Ethan that I wouldn't interfere with his relationship with her, and I wouldn't go after his girlfriend. Mainly since it sorta happened before...

But I did kinda start to like Bree even more today because of what happened between us in gym... It's really bad for me admitting this, but I just can't help it.

I really wanna find a way to tell Bree how I feel, but that'll obviously never happen... I also don't know how I would tell her either.

I doubt she feels the same for me anyway, because she's with Ethan all the way. I just really need to accept the fact that the girl I have a lot of feelings for is with the better brother...